Small Bulletproof Bug

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Harald Weingaertner
Regular

Small Bulletproof Bug

Post by Harald Weingaertner »

Hello,

i have a small "bug" in the actual Bulletproof Theme (todays nightly build). If you disable timestamps (Zeitstempel im Eintragsfuß anzeigen), you have two horizontal lines with an empty space between. I guess, the best is the attached screenshot.

I cuold fix it myself, but it should be done the the original, i think.

Best regards, Harald[/img]
yellowled
Regular

Re: Small Bulletproof Bug

Post by yellowled »

Harald Weingaertner wrote:If you disable timestamps (Zeitstempel im Eintragsfuß anzeigen), you have two horizontal lines with an empty space between.
Yeah, well, that happens in all kinds of entry footers (belowtitle, splitfoot or belowentry) if you disable all things usually emitted in that particular footer. This is because those "lines" are borders of the container which is still emitted, even if all the contents of that footer have been disabled in the theme options.

On the one hand it's in my humble opinion highly unusual to disable everything in a footer - then again, if so, the empty container shouldn't be emitted at all. So I guess we'll implement some sort of fix for this over the next couple of days.

Thoughts? Code? Don?

YL
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

One more thought: We can't suppress emitting the non-split footers because they're also supposed to hold the editentry links and the additional footer generated by some plugins. So even if all things usually emitted in that footer would be disables in the theme options, we'd still have to emit the respective footer.

So if someone actually disables all things in a footer and doesn't need the edit entry links or use plugins which generate an output in the footer, I'd suggest they simply disable those lines using the user.css file.

That means the single one of the entry footers where it would be possible to suppress it if it is actually empty would be .byline, which would be empty in case footerauthor, footercategories and footertimestamp are set to false, i.e. disabled. I think this is exactly the example Harald is presenting here.

I'll take care of that asap.

EDIT: Fix committed to svn repository.

YL