Why can't I edit the Freshy template?

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Michele2
Regular

Why can't I edit the Freshy template?

Post by Michele2 »

I really like the Freshy template but would like to change a few of the colors and buttons but every time I try to edit or write to those directories it gives me a permission denied. It also won't let me change the permissions.

What am I missing here?
Michele2
Regular

Post by Michele2 »

I'm still not sure what the problem is but I can share how I got around it...

I copied the entire Freshy directory into a new directory with a slightly different name. I then went back to the theme manager and selected the "new" theme. (Keep in mind, the new one has the same name as the original.)

Also, the images used to make the top navigation bar are a bit tricky to change as you will see if you work on them. What I did was select one of the presets - light blue - that I figured I would not use and used PhotoShop with color replace. I selected the blue color and then changed the settings to get the color I wanted. I actually ended up doing it twice - first I used green, didn't like it and then got a purple I liked. Make sure you keep track of the color being replaced as well as the setting changes as you will have several images to change and to get them to match you have to do the same thing to all of them.