Flash Header

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
wbitnet

Flash Header

Post by wbitnet »

Hi all,

This is my fist post on this site. Hope this is the right place to post. My question is, can I embed a Flash header on Serendipity, to be more specific, the Bulletprof template. I want to change the image for a flash heade. Same sides as the original image.

Thanks in advance.
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

It shouldn't be a problem, but you can't embed the flash file using CSS like the existing image so you will have to open index.tpl in the bulletproof folder and insert your regular <param... statement where the header is, then you might need to comment out the background image in the CSS, which one will depend on the colorset you're using.
yellowled
Regular

Re: Flash Header

Post by yellowled »

wbitnet wrote:My question is, can I embed a Flash header on Serendipity, to be more specific, the Bulletprof template.
Bascially: Yes, it is possible. You'll find some answers if you search this forum for "flash header". In the end, you're probably going to end up with some javascript-based solution like http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/ (this is not s9y-specific, but it can be easily ported).

I don't think anyone has ever done this using Bulletproof, but it shouldn't be a problem. However, you won't be able to use the BP theme options for this, it will require modifying Bulletproof's template files, which ultimately means you're going to have to keep track of your changes since they will be possibly overwritten by a potential BP update.

YL