1st bulletproof

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
reinhardl
Regular

1st bulletproof

Post by reinhardl »

hi,
this is pristinemy first theme based on bulletproof
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Looks nice RL - text is a bit small for my personal tastes. You have a few errors - you might want to run it through a validator and fix those.
=Don=
dom97
Regular

Post by dom97 »

I've started using this template. You can check it out. Made a few minor changes. I've not checked the validator yet. More time tomorrow for that. I can't get the Welcome link to work on the right side in the right photo. I must have screwed something up.
azel
Regular

Post by azel »

reinhardl....I heart thee, sir. Awesome theme!
reinhardl
Regular

pristine fixed

Post by reinhardl »

Don Chambers wrote:Looks nice RL - text is a bit small for my personal tastes. You have a few errors - you might want to run it through a validator and fix those.
fixed - thanks
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

It does not appear that your changes have been reflected in your zipfile. It also appears that you removed your wrapper border - not sure if that was intentional or not.

I did not conduct an exhaustive review of this template, but I did notice a number if issues in the zipfile version.

1) missing calendar and graph bar (archive page) icons. These should be named pristine_back.png, pristing_forward.png and pristing_graph_bar.png. If you do not want to create your own, you can copy the ones from the green colorset which would probably be consistent with your template's color scheme.

2) you really do not need to include a "blank" colorset with this template.

3) all the images still exist from the original blue, green and purple colorsets.

4) index.tpl still contains all the logic for various sidebar/content combinations, but you only want to use B-S-S. The variable can be completely removed from config.inc.php, the language files and index.tpl. You can then remove all the logic for the other configurations, leaving behind just the code for b-s-s that is no longer wrapped within an {if}.

Getting rid of those unavailable combinations will also get rid of this:
<h1><a href="#">Pristine</a></h1>
<h2><a href="http://www.freecsstemplates.org/">By Free CSS Templates</a></h2>

5) You don't need the option to display quicksearch in the navbar because your template does not provide an option for navigation anywhere but the right sidebar.

6) Lots of stuff in the language files that is not necessary due to the limited flexibility of certain options.

That is all I noticed in the few minutes I looked at it.
=Don=