Counter

Creating and modifying plugins.
entropy
Regular

Counter

Post by entropy »

I am trying to install a PHP counter on my blog and am having issues with a code that needs to be inserted to my index.php file. When ever I add the code I have issues. The instructions for my counter states I need to add an include statement

Code: Select all

"<?php include("/home/entropya/public_html/counter/counter.php"); ?> 
however, I understand this is for HTML and not PHP. How can I add this to the index.php file?
The counter is from http://www.ep-dev.com. It is a very cool counter that will show how many people are on line in addition to how many people have visited.
Entropy Web Developer
bahwi
Regular

Post by bahwi »

Here is a quick hack to let you embed it in a sidebar.

http://josephguhlin.com/s9y/serendipity ... nugget.txt

Change it to .php and put it in plugins/serendipity_plugin_php_nugget/ and it will work.

No need to put php opening/closing tags either.

It can be very dangerous though! It's a quick hack of the HTML Nugget Plugin so you just need to set it to "Overview"

If you want it displayed elsewhere, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.

This is the cleanest way I could think of off the bat.

Enjoy!
davecjr
Regular

Post by davecjr »

I don't know enough about PHP and since it said it may be 'very dangerous', I was wondering if someone has tried this one out.

Thanks
monkey

Post by monkey »

Change it to .php and put it in plugins/serendipity_plugin_php_nugget/ and it will work.

No need to put php opening/closing tags either.

It can be very dangerous though! It's a quick hack of the HTML Nugget Plugin so you just need to set it to "Overview"
I put the file... but it do'nt work @@"

www.s9y.net/blog