Autoupdate from version 1.7.8

Creating and modifying plugins.
Sammler48

Autoupdate from version 1.7.8

Post by Sammler48 »

When I install Serendipity from my internet provider I get an old version 1.7.8 (I have 2.3.4 on my Windows PC). I have uploaded the serendipity_event_autoupdate plugin to the server and it is active, but I don't see any effect.
Can you please tell me :
Is it possible to autoupdate from this version?
What should I do?
What should I expect to see?
Many thanks!
thh
Regular

Re: Autoupdate from version 1.7.8

Post by thh »

Sammler48 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:50 amWhen I install Serendipity from my internet provider I get an old version 1.7.8 (I have 2.3.4 on my Windows PC). I have uploaded the serendipity_event_autoupdate plugin to the server and it is active, but I don't see any effect.
Can you please tell me :
Is it possible to autoupdate from this version?
It is, I think.
Sammler48 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:50 amWhat should I do?

You need to have update notifications enabled. Please check at Config -> General Settings ->
Update notification. Set it to "stable".
Sammler48 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:50 amWhat should I expect to see?
You should see an update notification at the backend start page; with the autoupdate plugin installed, there should be a button to upgrade your blog.

Otherwise you can always download the current version, extract it on your PC and upload it to your server, just overwritung all present files from s9y 1.7.8. When you next visit your blog, you should get presented with an upgrade process.

serendipity_event_autoupdate is just a convenient shortcut so you don't have to upload something yourself.
Sammler48

Post by Sammler48 »

I never got an update notification from the autoupdate plugin but the manual update worked and I'm up and running. Thanks again.
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

Sammler48 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:50 pmI never got an update notification from the autoupdate plugin but the manual update worked and I'm up and running. Thanks again.
AFAIS the notification is generated by s9y core; the plugin just adds the possibility for a one-click-update. The update check - if activated - is done (just) once daily.

I'm not sure if 1.7.8 already had the notification code, though.