MS Word Paste and comments

Creating and modifying plugins.
alphalogic
Regular

Post by alphalogic »

These are the MS-Word Tags i saw - please help to fill the list so i can make the plugin

Code: Select all

<p class="MsoNormal"> => replace with <p>
<o:p> => replace with <p> ?
</o:p>  => replace with </p>?
„ => replace with „ or perhaps a setting to use " (") instead?
“ => replace with “ or perhaps a setting to use " (")  instead?
<span> </span> => use   instead?
Hathor
Regular

Post by Hathor »

How did you find that code? I tried to figure out what Word uses for hyphens and apostrophes, but I can't figure out how to see the raw code.
alphalogic
Regular

Post by alphalogic »

Hathor wrote:How did you find that code? I tried to figure out what Word uses for hyphens and apostrophes, but I can't figure out how to see the raw code.
well i realized that my mom uses word to write her blog posts ;) and had a look at the sourcecode
Hathor
Regular

Post by Hathor »

Oh, I just remembered one other thing that Word changes: elipses. It changes the three periods
into one symbol of some sort, which the feed doesn't like.
MySchizoBuddy
Regular

Post by MySchizoBuddy »

Tiny MCE and FCkEditor both have "paste from word" feature. TinyMCE works with S9Y 0.9 alpha.
Last edited by MySchizoBuddy on Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hathor
Regular

Post by Hathor »

Hmmm. I don't have the latest S9, but maybe I'll try Tiny out on Drupal and see what it does. Then if it's all I need, I'll see if I can add it on here.
Hathor
Regular

Post by Hathor »

Nah, for some reason the feed is fine with Word cut-n-pastes in Drupal, but S9's feeds just won't work with those characters.

Alphalogic, any chance you could go ahead and write the plug-in with what you've been given so far? Then if other posters ever get around to sharing their want lists, maybe those could be added later? :D