Post via XML-RPC

Creating and modifying plugins.
Imajica
Regular

Post via XML-RPC

Post by Imajica »

Question: is anyone still working on or have working knowledge of the Post via XML-RPC plugin?

I'm having an issue where if I create a post on a local source and publish via XML-RPC my host sees me using enough resources that it throttles my site and as a side effect the site becaomes inaccessible for 10-15 min

John
Imajica
Regular

Re: Post via XML-RPC

Post by Imajica »

here is what my host is saying
The block against your local IP address was only temporary and would auto remove after the time limit expires. We have manually removed the temporary block early. Th0e block was caused by the security system seeing your connection to myfavoritepinups.stormscellar.com POSTing with a “Blank referrer/referer” as being a potential threat. The POST requests are originating from Windows Live Writer to /serendipity_xmlrpc.php.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Well, that's a bullshit security setting. Nothing we can do about it as well, it's the client that is setting the header.

The load thing, if that is coming from the plugin then that would be on us. I think that Garvin kept that plugin running till now. But it might be that it is a side effect of their security system? Did they give you more info on that?
Imajica
Regular

Post by Imajica »

nope that's all they gave me
Westhost isn't a horrible host but some of their security ideas are a pain in the a** for sure