No editor shown when "use WYSiWYG-editor" activated

Creating and modifying plugins.
kybernator
Regular

No editor shown when "use WYSiWYG-editor" activated

Post by kybernator »

When I activate the use of a graphical editor and try to edit an article, the content of the article flashes very shortly on screen, then the whole area where the editable text and the editor itself should be shown remains white.
CKEditor is installed, is the last in the event plugin list, serendipity_event_emoticate, serendipity_event_nl2br and serendipity_event_s9ymarkup are currently moved to inactive.
I already deinstalled and reinstalled the CKEditor plugin.

Any ideas what else to try?
onli
Regular

Re: No editor shown when "use WYSiWYG-editor" activated

Post by onli »

What happens if you just uninstall the CKEditor plugin and use the builtin wysiwyg editor?
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

kybernator wrote:CKEditor is installed, is the last in the event plugin list, serendipity_event_emoticate, serendipity_event_nl2br and serendipity_event_s9ymarkup are currently moved to inactive. I already deinstalled and reinstalled the CKEditor plugin.

Any ideas what else to try?
CK Editor is now (I think since 2.0) bundled with the s9y core. I assume that you do use 2.0, did not know about the core version and just installed the plugin. In 2.0, the plugin is no longer required. Not sure if that requires to clean up anything, but I'd suggesting removing the CK editor plugin, but keeping the configuration set to use the WYSIWYG editor.

YL
kybernator
Regular

Post by kybernator »

That works. I was not aware of a builtin wysiwyg-editor, I thought one had to be installed.

It may well be that it fits my needs nicely, so thanks!
kybernator
Regular

Post by kybernator »

Thanks Matthias,

I hadn't seen your post yesterday, we posted nearly at the same time. And yes, that was the case :-)