spell check

Creating and modifying plugins.
cutie

spell check

Post by cutie »

hi all,
I want to add spell check functionality to my serendipity blog. I downloaded the plugin serendipity_event_spellcheck and installed it in my blog. I also downloaded the pspell tar file from its site and now I don't know how to install it........plz help me done with my spell check.
Thanking u in advance........and anxiously waiting 4 ur reply :roll:
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

Hi...

If your PHP installation doesn't have pspell, you will need to recompile PHP itself to enable it. As far as I know, this is the only way to do it...

Brett
prim8
Regular

Re: spell check

Post by prim8 »

cutie wrote:hi all,
I want to add spell check functionality to my serendipity blog. I downloaded the plugin serendipity_event_spellcheck and installed it in my blog. I also downloaded the pspell tar file from its site and now I don't know how to install it........plz help me done with my spell check.
Thanking u in advance........and anxiously waiting 4 ur reply :roll:
In theory it works with aspell also, which would be easier to install, although I haven't had the opportunity to test it.

http://aspell.net/

To install on a *nix system it should be a matter of:

tar zxvf aspell-<version>.tar.gz
cd aspell-<version>
./configure && make
make install

Once it is installed you will need to install one of the dictionaries:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/
sweety
Regular

Re: spell check

Post by sweety »

hi prim8,
Thanku so much for ur concern.As u said, I tried installing aspell as well as the dictionaries. in the text area i got a link saying check spelling&preview..........but once i click on it, i 'm getting 'checking...' and that's all.on the status bar, i,m getting the following errors:
1> spellchecker is undefined
2> objToCheck.value null or not defined.....

can u plz guide me how to go further???
Thanks a ton