Hide amazonaws.com from Statistics?

Creating and modifying plugins.
Harald Weingaertner
Regular

Hide amazonaws.com from Statistics?

Post by Harald Weingaertner »

Hi,

does somebody know if it is possible to hide referrers from amazonaws.com from the statistic plugin?

I don't want to deny access from amazonaws.com, i just don't want to view those entries at the bottom of my statistic. I also don't want the referrer in my blog-konfig. The entries just mess up my stats, because the access the site every 15 minutes (to fetch some content).

Thank you and regards, Harald
yellowled
Regular

Re: Hide amazonaws.com from Statistics?

Post by yellowled »

Harald Weingaertner wrote:does somebody know if it is possible to hide referrers from amazonaws.com from the statistic plugin?
It is not, as far as I can see. Not with the “normal” options of the plugin. I doubt that there is an easy, update-safe trick doing i.e. some MySQL voodoo, but I wouldn't know.

YL
Harald Weingaertner
Regular

Tanks for your reply yellowled.

:(
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

I'd suggest to setup a cronjob that removes those statistics daily? Alternatively, you can patch include/functions.inc.php the function serendipity_displayTopUrlList() - there where the SQL part "WHERE" is build you can put a

Code: Select all

WHERE host NOT LIKE 'amazonaws.com' AND day > date...
to filter it. However I'm not sure that we should add such a filter in our current codebase as an option, what do others think? We could even outsource it as a global $serendipity variable like $serendipity['ignoreReferrer'] with an array of hosts to ignore...?!
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Harald Weingaertner
Regular

Thanks Garvin,

personal i would love to have a filter, where i could filter some referrers out of my statistics. Maybe this should be done in the statistic plugin?

Thanks for the two workarounds.

Best regards, Harlad