serendipity_event_outdate_entries

Creating and modifying plugins.
jlr
Regular

serendipity_event_outdate_entries

Post by jlr »

I recently installed this plugin to try it out; unfortunately, it seems like it worked a little bit too good: it hid everything older than a month (except when I was logged in), although I eventually set up the maximum timespan to thousands of days, and even when I deactivated and finally deinstalled it.

So ... it would seem like my blog now displays only the most recent entry. Is it possible the plugin somehow caused any permanent changes? Any ideas much appreciated.

Edit: Problem persists even after manually deleting the plugin files from the server. Changing the date of entries doesn't help, either: only the latest entry, which I wrote shortly before or after installing the plugin for the first time, is being displayed (even if I try to pre-date it to say, April). If I post new entries, they are displayed as well. It's like everything that was written before the plugin's inital installation is now permanently hidden for non logged-in users.

(using serendipity 1.7.8 at http://gazette.rainlights.net/)
onli
Regular

Re: serendipity_event_outdate_entries

Post by onli »

I don't know the plugin, but I had a look at the source code. If I understand that right, all your entries that are older than a month are now drafts. Do you see them in the entries overview in the backend?
jlr
Regular

Post by jlr »

I see them in the backend (and on the blog itself, as long as I'm logged in) ... however, they're all set to "publish". Even if I re-publish them with a more recent date, they still don't show up on the blog as soon as I log out again.

Edit: I deleted the entries of templates_c to make sure there are no cached versions of the plugin around any more. Didn't help. Tried to look at the database, too, but without really knowing what to look for I didn't dare to change anything.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Have a look at one such entry. There should be a block "Advanced Options" at the bottom, which contains a section "Entries can be read by:". Maybe they are set to "Myself" or Co-Authors there, or the "hide from frontpage" is set there?
jlr
Regular

Post by jlr »

YES!!! Thank you so much :)

Indeed, the plugin has set ALL entries except the most recent one to "co-authors". I must admit I never even realized this option existed.

Well, I guess this means I have to re-set the permissions for all 200+ entries on my blog manually ... But then again, I wanted to tidy it up ... only the other way around :)

Thanks again. I feel kind of bad only coming here for support every few months, but you people have always been very helpful, which is one of the reasons I stick with Serendipity ;)
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Thanks again. I feel kind of bad only coming here for support every few months,
Don't, that is what the forum is for. And thanks :)

You don't necessarily have to do that in the backend manually for each entry, you could also change it directly in the database. Depends on whether you already have access and a bit experience with it, otherwise that might be too cumbersome.
jlr
Regular

Post by jlr »

onli wrote:You don't necessarily have to do that in the backend manually for each entry, you could also change it directly in the database. Depends on whether you already have access and a bit experience with it
Manually it is :)