new WYSIWYG-Editor event Plugin: CKEDITOR!

Creating and modifying plugins.
MarioH
Regular

Re: new WYSIWYG-Editor event Plugin: CKEDITOR!

Post by MarioH »

Confirmed, I have the same problem here. Maybe Ian should have a look at this.

Regards
Mario
Czorneboh
Regular

Post by Czorneboh »

Thank your for quick reply, yellowled.

I checked before your answer yet, if the latest version is still to be offered in the page with the plugin updates to be updated. It was not any more there. I got into the plugin-backend. And there was deactivated the function

"unzip the zip folder". (With the hint: for cases of update errors.)

I activated this and then reloaded the page via click on the "here"-link.

Then the error message has gone.

You asked: Core plugin or extra Plugin ("CKE Plus")?

There is activated "FULL Icon Board" in the plugin backend. I do not remember, if I have made the choise for the extra plugin over the core plugin, do not remember, when it was integrated in the core package by the developer team (since s9y 2.0?).

I guess, that I have now installed 4.5.10.5
In the plugin comment I can read unter "The plugin contents: "CKEditor 4.5.10 (revision b47abaf, full package, 2016-07-13"
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Czorneboh wrote:There is activated "FULL Icon Board" in the plugin backend. I do not remember, if I have made the choise for the extra plugin over the core plugin, do not remember, when it was integrated in the core package by the developer team (since s9y 2.0?).
I can't say anything about the plugin version of CKE; I have never used it myself.

CK Editor was bundled with the s9y core and made the default WYSIWYG editor in 2.0. That means that 2.0 and later include CK Editor, so technically, if you install the CK editor plugin in >= 2.0 (which is possible), you actually “have two CK editors” installed. That is unnecessary. However, it might be (again, I have never used it) that the plugin offers customization options that you want that the version bundled with the core does not.

I can't and won't speak for Ian in terms of his intentions to maintain the plugin.

I would recommend using the version bundled with the core. Yes, that means to uninstall the extra plugin. No, that should not bring any complications with it, but of course, I can not guarantee that since I have never used the plugin myself. Try this at your own risk or keep using the plugin.

YL
Czorneboh
Regular

Post by Czorneboh »

However, it might be (again, I have never used it) that the plugin offers customization options that you want that the version bundled with the core does not.
Now I wanted to compare both versions. In the event plugin list there is only the extra plugin, which meanwhile (since update to 4.5.10.5.) is called
CKEditor Plus

So I can´t. I guess, that in the core version there there are opportunities for customization.

Could it be, that the core version becomes visible in the plugin list again, when the CKE Plus version was deinstalled?

Are files of the core version of the plugin in the folder "plugins"?
And there in the folder "serendipity_event_ckeditor"?
Right there is yet the folder "ckeditor" - Is that the one of for the core version or the extra version?
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Czorneboh wrote:Could it be, that the core version becomes visible in the plugin list again, when the CKE Plus version was deinstalled?
I don't think so because the version bundled with the core is not a plugin in the sense that it won't be listed in the plugin list under Plugins.
Czorneboh wrote:Are files of the core version of the plugin in the folder "plugins"?
No, it's in "htmlarea/ckeditor"
Czorneboh wrote:And there in the folder "serendipity_event_ckeditor"? Right there is yet the folder "ckeditor" - Is that the one of for the core version or the extra version?
No, that is the additional plugin. If you look at plugins/serendipity_event_ckeditor/, there's a file ChangeLog which should say at the very beginning

Code: Select all

4.5.10.5:
---------
    * Fix encoding issue in cheatsheet help plugin
    * Rename plugin title to CKEditor Plus
YL