Mood Plugin

Creating and modifying plugins.
Lifeskar
Regular

Mood Plugin

Post by Lifeskar »

Are there any plans or anyone developing a Mood Plugin anytime soon?
Usually, I have an image. Count yourself lucky :P
Oliver
Regular

Post by Oliver »

Hi Lifeskar,

please have a look at this posting: http://www.s9y.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8837#8837 :)

Regards,

Oliver
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

Lifeskar,

Actually, don't download those files. They're outdated versions. Mymood has been added to the additional plugins pack, and it's installable through the Spartacus interface.

I'm putting a notice up right now about that ;)
Lifeskar
Regular

Post by Lifeskar »

I get a page cannot be displayed error when I try to install it...is there a way for me to manually download and install?
Lifeskar
Regular

Post by Lifeskar »

Ok, sorry for the double post, but...this is what i see when i put my mood in...right next to the title. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
<div class="plugin_mymood"><p class="plugin_mymood_intro">My mood:</p><ul><li>weird</div>
slacker

Post by slacker »

Haha, man your avatar is distracting! :)

Can we get the moods replaced by images, at all? Like, if I select a few moods (sleepy, silly, etc.), it just shows a text list- I was hoping for a few smilies, or something ...

EDIT: NM, found it :)
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

slacker wrote:Haha, man your avatar is distracting! :)
Like a beacon in the night!!
slacker wrote:Can we get the moods replaced by images, at all? Like, if I select a few moods (sleepy, silly, etc.), it just shows a text list- I was hoping for a few smilies, or something ...

EDIT: NM, found it :)
Good :)

Actually I am looking for some art to package with the plugin. I'd rather not rip off some of the (overly used) free art out there, so if anyone gets inspired and wants to make icons, let me know and I'll include them in the plugin!
Ok, sorry for the double post, but...this is what i see when i put my mood in...right next to the title. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
In the plugin options, change the position to be somewhere in the body. I haven't updated the plugin to use the Smarty templates yet, so the placing options are pretty awful at the moment...

The best looking place is to have it "near" the body, with it not being before. (Btw, were those config options confusing for anyone?)
slacker

Post by slacker »

Default art would be sweet. :)
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

I've looked through there's some good stuff, but a whole lot of not-so stuff to wade through...

Did you have any sets specifically in mind?

-------
Edit: I just realized I misread what you wrote. Default art WOULD be sweet. I thought you said "deviant art" as in deviantart.org...
Last edited by kidgoo on Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lifeskar
Regular

Post by Lifeskar »

It appears, the only place I can get it to work is the footer or next to the author (in which case, it acts like its part of the arthors name, just like it does in the title)

kidgoo wrote: Did you have any sets specifically in mind?
Maybe MSN Emotes?
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

since no one has mentioned it, there are some (nine, to be precise) in /templates/default/img/emoticons/ in the default install.

I'm not sure who made them, but they seem custom. Perhaps someone would like to expand on them and expand serendipity_event_emoticate at the same time?
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

ohh...I hadn't noticed those. Thanks for bringing that to my attention...Nine is better than none!

And, if someone updates them, he or she would like to give me a list of the ascii art they use for each so I can put them in the mood plugin. I'm planning on making an option to change graphics to the ascii art for exporting or other things that don't support graphics...
Lifeskar
Regular

Post by Lifeskar »

Kidgoo, my PHP skills are...poor. However, I'm good at following directions:P. Is there any way to get it to work at the top or next to my Post title? I think I have an idea...it would involve remove the &#code in one of the files. I'm not sure, tho, and I dont want to mess anything up, lol. If you could help, I would be most gracious :D BTW, I could take the emotes from MySpace and put them in a pack, along with the coding for them all (I DO how to do that:p) and send them to you or whoever I need to get them to work when you post.
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

Lifeskar wrote:Kidgoo, my PHP skills are...poor. However, I'm good at following directions:P. Is there any way to get it to work at the top or next to my Post title? I think I have an idea...it would involve remove the &#code in one of the files. I'm not sure, tho, and I dont want to mess anything up, lol. If you could help, I would be most gracious :D BTW, I could take the emotes from MySpace and put them in a pack, along with the coding for them all (I DO how to do that:p) and send them to you or whoever I need to get them to work when you post.
I'm working on making the formatting for this plugin better. I've had to postpone everything not school related right now though...finals time...boo.

Look for a new version of the plugin out in about a week. The biggest things I'm working on are making the formatting prettier, and making the mood selection...better...somehow.

About the graphics, I'd rather not swipe anything if it could be avoided...especially if it's not open or free graphics. Though, if you want to draw some yourself I'd be happy to include them as default images...

Thanks,
Brett
Lifeskar
Regular

Post by Lifeskar »

I can try, but I doubt they'll be animated.