Twitter posts

Creating and modifying plugins.
Mert METİN

Twitter posts

Post by Mert METİN »

Is there a pluggin that i can retrieve twitter post in my account?
yellowled
Regular

Re: Twitter posts

Post by yellowled »

Mert METİN wrote:Is there a pluggin that i can retrieve twitter post in my account?
Pretty much everything you could want to do with a s9y blog and a twitter account (in either direction) is handled by the event plugin "Microblogging (Twitter,Identica)" (a.k.a. serendipity_event_twitter).

It also bundles a sidebar plugin to emit a configurable number of tweets to the sidebar of a blog.

YL
Mert METİN

Post by Mert METİN »

I successfully install the plugin you mentioned.

In admin panel, i could not see any tab for twitter posts for siderbar.Is there an English documentation about it ? Or do you know how to do it ?
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Mert METİN wrote:In admin panel, i could not see any tab for twitter posts for siderbar.
You need to explicitly install the sidebar plugin under "Manage Styles" in the backend.

YL
Mert METİN

Post by Mert METİN »

This plugin shows tweets only in admin panel.What i want is that showing them in my index page.Anyway, ty for your help.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Mert METİN wrote:This plugin shows tweets only in admin panel.
No, it doesn't. The sidebar plugin (serendipity_plugin_twitter) does emit tweets in the sidebar. Limiting it to be displayed on the index page only can be done with some template customization. If you need help with that, it would be good to know which template you're using.

YL
blog.brockha.us
Regular

Post by blog.brockha.us »

What you see in the admin panel is the "Tweeter". A twitter client, where you can see your timeline and add tweets.

If you want your visitors to see you timeline at the index page you have to install the sidebar plugin of the microblogging plugin (as yellowled mentioned). It is a seperate plugin (but downloaded togeter with the microblogging plugin). You to the plugins page, click on "install new sidebar plugins" and search for Microblogging. You can configure, what it should display on your public index page.
- Grischa Brockhaus - http://blog.brockha.us
- Want to make me happy? http://wishes.brockha.us/