Flattr-plugin update request

Creating and modifying plugins.
LazyBadger
Regular

Flattr-plugin update request

Post by LazyBadger »

According to announce, old versions of API for Flattr-plugins will not be supported anymore after April 14-th 2012.

I use Garvin's Flalttr-plugin and have a dream use it after deadline. Please, update it to new new Rest API(v2): it will require some changes in frontend and small adds in administration part: I think, support of configurable popout parameter will be better, whan preconfigured
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Flattr-plugin update request

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Sadly, flattr didn't cut it for me, so I'm not that much interested in the system anymore; thus I can't really offer to work on it. If anyone however wnats to have a go, I'd happily add the changes to the official plugin, that would be great!

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
mattsches
Regular

Post by mattsches »

LazyBadger wrote:Please, update it to new new Rest API(v2): it will require some changes in frontend and small adds in administration part: I think, support of configurable popout parameter will be better, whan preconfigured
LazyBadger, I'm considering offering my help with the Flattr plugin and am currently looking at the code. I don't think Serendipity actually needs to talk to the REST API for we only want to display the Flattr button, right?

This can be achieved by simply embedding a snippet of Javascript code. That's what the plugin does now. Of course, Flattr have recently added the popout option you mentioned as well as a more modern (as in: HTML5) way to include the buttons.

So, I guess I will add the popout parameter to the global config options of the plugins, include some HTML5 elements, and we're ready to go. What do you think?

- Mattsches
mattsches
Regular

Post by mattsches »

Ok, I've just pushed my changes to the repository. New version should be available tomorrow. Please post any feedback to this thread, especially if anything's not working anymore :wink: