Plug-Ins for homepage only?

Creating and modifying plugins.
tpelia
Regular

Plug-Ins for homepage only?

Post by tpelia »

This is the first time I've used this forum, so please understand I'm not particularly technologically savvy, and sorry if this question seems ridiculous.

I want to put an ad in one of my sidebars, which is simple enough. However, I want to have it show up only on the homepage -- which I can do (or at least I thought I did).

Problem is, the ad also shows up in my 'archives' and 'categories' pages as well, and my advertiser doesn't want that -- he just wants the ad on one page, the homepage.

How do I have this plug-in show up only on the homepage? is that possible?

Any help would be appreciated!!
yellowled
Regular

Re: Plug-Ins for homepage only?

Post by yellowled »

tpelia wrote:How do I have this plug-in show up only on the homepage? is that possible?
Depends on which plugin you're actually using for this. There are various possibilities, and some of them offer a "show on homepage only" (or something like that) option in the plugin configuration.

YL
tpelia
Regular

Post by tpelia »

I see that option in my choices, but the ad still shows up in my "archives" and "categories" pages.

Is there any way to have the plug-in simply show up on just the one page?

The plug-in is called "HTML Nugget." Is there a better choice with which I might address my problem?
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

We seem to have two active threads asking for the same functionality. See also this thread.
=Don=
tpelia
Regular

Post by tpelia »

Thanks! I will go over to the other discussion thread to what they've come up with...