Static Page Plugin ???

Creating and modifying plugins.
filipina

Static Page Plugin ???

Post by filipina »

Hello

After searching the forum, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I must admit there seems to be hundreds of posts on the static page plugin, but some of it is over my head.

I installed the static page plugin and have the following questions:

1. The plugin configuration screen states that the plugin: "Shows static pages inside your blog with your blogs design and all formattings. Adds a new menu item to the admin interface"

The part about the menu item to the admin interface -- where is that? When creating a static page, there is a check box that says I can "Include in sidebar-navigation" but there is no links in my side bar for the static page I created.

2. I notice when I create a static page, they are all named "pagetitle" How come the page are not the named after my headline. I don't understand how it names the pages

3. Also when creating a page, I noticed an area called "Pre-content" Not sure what this is used for or how to use it.

Sorry for all the questions from a newbie. I did click the documentation link that came with the plugin, but the link came to the forum.

Thanks
yellowled
Regular

Re: Static Page Plugin ???

Post by yellowled »

filipina wrote:1. The plugin configuration screen states that the plugin: "Shows static pages inside your blog with your blogs design and all formattings. Adds a new menu item to the admin interface"
This refers to the menu in the s9y admin interface (backend). There should be a new item "Static pages" or something like that after installing the plugin.

There's a seperate sidebar plugin to display a list of your static pages in the sidebar in the frontend (i.e. your blog's sidebar).
filipina wrote:2. I notice when I create a static page, they are all named "pagetitle" How come the page are not the named after my headline. I don't understand how it names the pages
"pagetitle" and headline are seperate parameters of any given static page. You should give each static page a unique pagetitle, just like you assign a unique headline to each static page, but I can't really explain why. Maybe Garvin can follow up here?
filipina wrote:3. Also when creating a page, I noticed an area called "Pre-content" Not sure what this is used for or how to use it.
Think of it as an introduction to the actual content. This introduction could be formatted differently, which is why it is seperated from the actual content. It's also optional.

YL
filipina

Post by filipina »

Thank you for your reply....when I get home tonight from work I will have something to play with.

Thanks again
stm999999999
Regular

Post by stm999999999 »

IIRC:

static pages can have subpages - they can be in an hierachical order.

So, you can display the child-pages as a list on the parent-page and precontent should be a text before this list. e.g. "this page is about general foo. For more infos about different type of foo have a look at these subpages: ..."
Ciao, Stephan
LisaSylvia

Post by LisaSylvia »

stm9999399999 wrote:IIRC:

So, you can start using Proextender and display the child-pages as a list on the parent-page and precontent should be a text before this list. e.g. "this page is about general foo. For more infos about different type of foo have a look at these subpages: ..."
Filipina it's pretty easy to change the page titles but I'm also wondering what the pre-content area is all about.
Last edited by LisaSylvia on Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 17 times in total.
stm999999999
Regular

Post by stm999999999 »

LisaSylvia wrote:Filipina it's pretty easy to change the page titles but I'm also wondering what the pre-content area is all about.
-->

So, you can display the child-pages as a list on the parent-page and pre-content should be a text before this list. e.g. "this page is about general foo. For more infos about different type of foo have a look at these subpages: ..."
example: http://www.sankt-joseph-siemensstadt.de/sakramente.html

this area is "pre-content"

Code: Select all

Weitere Informationen zur Spendung der Sakramente in unserer Gemeinde:
Ciao, Stephan