MySQL Error when using Gallery

Creating and modifying plugins.
Cerissa79
Regular

MySQL Error when using Gallery

Post by Cerissa79 »

Hello,

Within the entry editor, whenever I click on 'Gallery', a new window pops up that shows the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL
server on 'localhost' (10061) in
D:\Inetpub\virtual\amdco\WWWROOT\CGI-BIN\cblog\plugins\serendipity_event_cpg
selector\cpgselector.inc.php on line 41
Unable to connect to the database server
Failed to connect to CPG

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL
server on 'localhost' (10061) in
D:\Inetpub\virtual\amdco\WWWROOT\CGI-BIN\cblog\plugins\serendipity_event_cpg
selector\cpgselector.inc.php on line 41
Unable to connect to the database server
Failed to connect to CPG

Any suggestions on how to correct this so the Gallery can be used?

Thanks!
kleinerChemiker
Regular

Re: MySQL Error when using Gallery

Post by kleinerChemiker »

It seems, that Gallery doesn't have the right user/password/server settings for your database server.
Cerissa79
Regular

Post by Cerissa79 »

Can you direct me where to go to update the settings for the Gallery?

Thanks,
Cerissa
kleinerChemiker
Regular

Wich gallerx are you useing?

Usually the settings are saved in a file named like "config.php". Usually this file is in the top directory of the webapp, in youre case in the directory of the gallery.
Cerissa79
Regular

Post by Cerissa79 »

Maybe I haven't installed a gallery. I don't recall doing this when I did the initial setup. And when I look for a gallery plugin, there is not one that is active and I cannot find a directory that seems to be for a gallery and I also cannot locate one when I search for one to install. I'm new to serendipity, usually use Wordpress but the plugins seem limited here. Any suggestions for how I can find and install and get a gallery to work would be greatly appreciated.
kleinerChemiker
Regular

the easiest way is, to use the built in media libary. For the static page plugin there should be an gallery plugin.
Cerissa79
Regular

Post by Cerissa79 »

When I go to the static pages area and choose other plugins, I see the following:

Select the plugin you want to include as link in the staticpages navigation.

The following plugins can be included in the staticpage sidebar.

event plugin Status
serendipity_event_downloadmanager Plugin is not available
serendipity_event_guestbook Plugin is not available
serendipity_event_forum Plugin is not available
serendipity_event_contactform Plugin is not available
serendipity_event_thumbnails Plugin is not available
serendipity_event_usergallery Plugin is not available
serendipity_event_faq Plugin is not available

However, I want to be able to use the Gallery button that appears from the entry editor screen and still get the SQL errors. I'm really lost and confused on this. I can add media fine but cannot use the gallery function when within the entry editor. Please help if you can.

Thanks,
Cerissa
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Cerisa,

The SQL error you're getting is from the Coppermine plugin. It sounds like you don't have a Coppermine gallery, and you're just trying to use Serendipity's own media manager.

You can add pictures to your entries from Serendipity without any plugins at all. (In that case, you'll want to remove the Coppermine plugin; I'll explain how later.) To upload images to Serendipity, use the "Add media" link on your admin page. It should show a form that will upload your images. (You can also make subdirectories and such from the "Manage directories" link, or examine all your uploaded images from the "Media library" link.)

To add an image from the Media Library to your entry, just click the "Media" button. A new window with all the images in the Serendipity media library will appear. When you choose one, you'll get a window with options for how to position the image, and whether it should have links and captions. Once you make your choices, the image will be inserted in your entry wherever your cursor was sitting when you started.

Note that you don't need to use the "Gallery" button. That button allows you to use images that you uploaded to a Coppermine gallery in your images. Coppermine is a photo album program that provides a gallery-style display of your pictures on a web page. People with large photo collections will use Coppermine to display their pictures for friends and family. Serendipity allows you to use those photos in your entries, too -- no need to upload the same image twice. If you've got a Coppermine gallery already, you can install Serendipity's Coppermine plugin, fill in your username and other information, and use the new "Gallery" button to add images directly from Coppermine's album to your Serendipity entries.

If you don't already have a Coppermine gallery, you don't need the Coppermine plugin. You can easily remove it, and the "Gallery" button will disappear, along with its associated headaches. From your admin page, choose "Configure plugins". You'll see a section of sidebar plugins (which, appropriately enough, appear in the sidebar) and below that, event plugins (which change the way Serendipity behaves). You'll find the Coppermine plugin among the event plugins. Check the little box next to it, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the "Removed ticked plugins". The plugin will be removed, the "Gallery" button will no longer be displayed, and you won't get any more SQL errors. You can still use the "Media" button to insert Serendipity's pictures.

If you do have a Coppermine gallery that you want to insert pictures from, you've got the wrong parameters to access it. From your admin page, choose "Configure plugins". Find the Coppermine plugin and click on its name. You'll get a page of configuration options. Make sure you've got the host, username, and password correct and click the Save button.

I hope this had made things a little less confusing. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
Cerissa79
Regular

Post by Cerissa79 »

Thank you so very much! This resolved the issue. Much appreciated!