Multiple Categories Plugin Not Working Right?

Creating and modifying plugins.
Michele2
Regular

Multiple Categories Plugin Not Working Right?

Post by Michele2 »

The Category Assignment Plugin appears to work fine when creating a new entry or editing an existing one if the multiple categories are consecutive in my category list; i.e. categories D, E and F. Selection appears to work by using CTRL and clicking on the categories I want to assign to the entry.

If, however, I want to assign multiple categories that are not consecutive in my list, i.e. A, C and F it only assigns the last category clicked on, whether I press the CTRL key or not.

Is there not a way a time of creation to add an entry to multiple non-consecutive categories?

Also, when I go to Category Assignment, it shows each category with a drop-down list of all the entries and highlights those assigned to that category. It would appear that it relies on using CTRL click to add additional entries. It seems fraught with peril to do it that way - one missed CTRL and all the existing entries listed in that category will suddenly be removed from that category? :shock:
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I have no problems assigning an entry to multiple, non-consecutive categories.... I expand the list of categories first (click on + to expand the list instead of it being a drop-down) then use the ctrl key and click on each category I want the entry assigned to..... is that what you are doing?
=Don=
Michele2
Regular

Post by Michele2 »

Oh shoot. Without fully opening the list it doesn't work. If I open the list fully it does. :oops: I could have sworn I tried that and it didn't work. It appears to now. :?

Thank you for the clarification on how to add categories.

I know it would involve a bit of programming and sadly I can't help do it (not even close to having the skills needed) but I wonder if this plugin could be changed so that when you add entries to categories in the Category Assignment area if it worked where there was the list to pick from and a second list showing the entries that have been "added" to that category. Can't think of a good example right now but I know a lot of other programs do it that way. It's such a great tool to add old entries to new categories but I would be totally paranoid about accidentally clearing the list.