serendipity_event_linklist output description of link

Creating and modifying plugins.
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

I will take a look at it...
I don't know what it will take or how long, but I will look into it this weekend.
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

This was relatively simple to add, so I updated CVS. It should be available in spartacus in the next 24 hours.

It will only work if you are using the CSS output options and you will have to turn on the option "Use the given description". It will use the description if it is set and is not empty, other wise it will continue to use the link name.

I will poke around dtree and see if there is a way to set the title (I assume there is, but I don't know dtree that well). Once I figure that out I will update it again.

Let me know if there are any problems with it!
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Matt - what do you think about the ability to add a block of html immediately after the linklist? The specific purpose I was considering was the ability to add a button/image/link to a contact form which allowed people to request being added to the linklist, or maybe some kind of disclaimer or anything someone might want to add after the list rather than having to use an html nugget after the linklist.
=Don=
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

Hi Don,

I'm not sold on that change. I kind of think that should be in a separate html nugget, but that is just a gut feeling.

That being said, I added both pre-pended and appended text to the new version. So, this version supports dtree link titles and the ability to put text before and after the list of links.

Since it has not gone out to spartacus yet I did not bump versions.

Version for linklist sidebar: 1.16
Version for linklist event: 1.97

If you grabbed the source in the last hour or so you should update yourself manually.
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Matt - I will defer to your opinion. If you see little/no value, don't include the functionality. I do not personally use the plugin, but have often seen it used and wondered if it would be handy to have a little nugget within the same sidebar item, as opposed to appearing as its own sidebar item.

Again - your call.
=Don=
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

Hey Don!

I've been wrong often enough to know that I should listen up when other people talk. :lol:

It is a good idea, and I will leave it in. It just doesn't feel like something I would use, and therefore looks weird to me.

I didn't mean to sound dismissive or anything. It was a good suggestion and I appreciate you helping me make the plugin better!

Hope things are good!
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Trust me Matt - I did not find your remarks "dismissive". Like I said, I know a lot of people use this plugin as a blogroll, or "my friends", and things like that, so I was merely thinking it might be nice to have a cool header or footer type graphic, or perhaps an opportunity to insert a link, such as a contact form. I don't know if I will ever use it either, but I've learned something to - the best time to ask for a feature is when someone is currently working on it anyway!!! :lol: :lol:

Things are great here - thanks for asking. I cannot seem to finish any templates, but I have no problem nudging others for plugin modifications! Just ask Judebert, Garvin, Grischa, Gregman and now you!!! :P
=Don=
mcln
Regular

Post by mcln »

hi!
thank you all for improving the linklist-plugin!
:)
marie-claire