Board index Plugins StaticPage Streamlining

Creating and modifying plugins.
HiCotN
Regular

Postby HiCotN » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:01 am

Hi, I've been thinking for some time about my workflow when using staticpages, particularly when needing to make a quick change to each page. The process can feel a bit sluggish, so I have tried to condense my thoughts to three things I'd like to place on my staticpages' wishlist for this season.

1) Have a Save button higher on the screen, adjacent to the 'Content' textarea.

2) An option to hide the 'Pre-Content' section. (Note: If this is accomplished, it would automatically solve #1)

3) An option to show the staticpage menu interface as default upon logging into Serendipity.

Don Chambers
Regular

Postby Don Chambers » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:32 pm

I am not quite sure what you mean in #3.... however, you can accomplish #1 & #2 by creating your own staticpage admin smarty template. The file path and name are .../templates/YOUR_THEME/backend_templates/default_staticpage_backend.tpl.

You can start by copying this file from the staticpage plugin folder to your theme folder, then modifying that copy.

HiCotN
Regular

Postby HiCotN » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:32 pm

Thank you Don! I will certainly give that a try.

Here is #3 reworded a bit.
3) An option to use the list of all staticpage's as the landing page upon initial login to the backend.

Don Chambers
Regular

Postby Don Chambers » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:48 pm

HiCotN wrote:Here is #3 reworded a bit.
3) An option to use the list of all staticpage's as the landing page upon initial login to the backend.

I cannot help you there... but once you click on "static pages" from the content menu box, a list of all static pages is the first option shown.

I forgot to mention that both the Clean Blog and Timeline themes have custom staticpage admin templates if you want to see an example.

Return to Plugins