Trackbacks and Movable Type

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Brian1969
Regular

Trackbacks and Movable Type

Post by Brian1969 »

I have a question.

I did a clean install the other day of Serendipity, and ever since then I've been having trouble with sites that use MT in creating trackbacks. I get a "success" message, but the links never show up on their site. I've also had this problem with one Wordpress site.

I've been in contact with the sites in question to see if I've been caught in some type of spam catcher, but I've never had a problem in the past with these sites, so either I was recently added to some spam list, or it's an error with Serendipity. Or they could have updated, too, I suppose...

Anyway, any ideas?
Brian
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

You're already talking to them, which is my first idea. I remember something about trackback problems because the tb'd site looks to see if our posted entry links to theirs, but the entry isn't posted yet. But Garvin would really have to take a look at that.

Please let us know when the sites get back to you.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
Brian1969
Regular

Post by Brian1969 »

The guy running the Wordpress site says the problem is on his end, so that's not a big deal.

The two MT sites think it's because of a recent MT update, but they don't know what would be causing it. I had no trouble doing a trackback before, and it just so happens that they updated about the same time I did, so it could be them, it could be me. =D
Brian