FCKeditor Bug

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Andyman77
Regular

FCKeditor Bug

Post by Andyman77 »

Hiya,

Having done the routing upgrading, Serendipity now being at 0.91
I upgraded Sparticus then upgraded the FCKeditor.
I keep getting the following errors..

Warning: main(/<absolute_path>/plugins/serendipity_event_fckeditor/lang_en.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /<absolute_path>/plugins/serendipity_event_fckeditor/serendipity_event_fckeditor.php on line 9

Warning: main(/<absolute_path>/plugins/serendipity_event_fckeditor/lang_en.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /<absolute_path>/plugins/serendipity_event_fckeditor/serendipity_event_fckeditor.php on line 9

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/<absolute_path>/plugins/serendipity_event_fckeditor/lang_en.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/<absolute_path>/se/:/<absolute_path>/bundled-libs/') in /<absolute_path>/plugins/serendipity_event_fckeditor/serendipity_event_fckeditor.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /<absolute_path>/plugins/serendipity_event_fckeditor/serendipity_event_fckeditor.php:9) in /<absolute_path>/serendipity_admin.php on line 11

I have cleared the cache of Firefox 1.5.
I have removed the file serendipity_event_fckeditor.php

I get the following error :

Please report this bug. This error can happen if a plugin was not properly downloaded (check your plugins directory if the requested plugin was downloaded) or the inclusion of a file failed (permissions?)
Backtrace:
Installing plugin: Array ( [0] => serendipity_event_fckeditor [1] => [2] => event [3] => 0 [4] => serendipity_event_fckeditor )
INSERT INTO serendipity_plugins (name, sort_order, placement, authorid, path) values ('serendipity_event_fckeditor:0aa83f1e2f22d5b0f08fe9d95ac0659f', 44, 'event', '0', 'serendipity_event_fckeditor')
No valid path/filename found. Aborting.
Classname serendipity_event_fckeditor still does not exist. Aborting.
Loading plugin failed painfully. File not found?
No valid path/filename found. Aborting.
Classname serendipity_event_fckeditor still does not exist. Aborting.

This being odd as I have effectively removed the fckeditor function?

Now I can't go back as for some reason better known to me I didn't do a backup of plugins ... (yep silly thing but I thought I had) :shock:
Serendipity - Site, finished ;)
Mine that is ... so lots of nonsensical Stuff
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: FCKeditor Bug

Post by garvinhicking »

Having removed the plugin file was probably not the best idea :) You should fetch the 'lang_en.inc.php' file of the fckeditor plugin instead, I wonder why it wasn't fetched by spartacus when upgrading. Did you see a notice that this file failed downloading?

You should go and visit http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/p ... fckeditor/ and download every file there manually. Then uninstall the plugin via the plugin configuration, if you still want to remove it :)

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Andyman77
Regular

Post by Andyman77 »

Hiya Garvin,

The file lang_en.inc.php didn't get downloaded when I did the upgrade. All is working now :)
Again,
many thanks,

Andy

The removing of the plugin directlty via FTP has been a rather messy way of fixing some problems.
I have had a few situations when installing one or two plugins prevented me from viewing the plugin list. Remove the offending plugin via FTP .... the re-installing again via the plugin manager .... seems to fix the problem ... strange .... I don't like it when that happens as I don't know what caused it...
Serendipity - Site, finished ;)
Mine that is ... so lots of nonsensical Stuff