[S9Y-0.9.1] Possible bug in Spartacus/plugins general

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Thomas
Regular

[S9Y-0.9.1] Possible bug in Spartacus/plugins general

Post by Thomas »

I upgraded my life blog with 0.9.1 today and found a really weird bug in the new version. The title might be misleading, I'm not pretty sure wether it is correspondig really to Spartacus or the plugin or the plugin management at all.

After upgrading Spartacus showed me those plugins, which might be worth upgrading because newer versions are available. Well done!

But:
for instance Spartacus showed me a read button for the contact form. So I hit it, Spartacus did his job. After viewing again the list of event plugins I saw that the same plugin was marked now as installable. Ok, why not, pressed the button a second time, got the page for viewing the settings, pressed save, done.
For testing purposes I opened the permalink for the conact form and saw that it was displayed twice. Weird, I thought.
Went back to the plugin administration and saw the reason: the contact form was installed twice! And every other plugin I upgraded with Spartacus, too!

Well, generally, this does not apply for every plugin. It happened for me for the Google Sitemap, the Smiley selection, the Guestbook and the Conactform plugin. Static page, Imageselector plus were upgraded as expected.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: [S9Y-0.9.1] Possible bug in Spartacus/plugins general

Post by garvinhicking »

This might have happened because of a mismatching spartacus XML file.

It *could* be that you ran the spartacus "view plugins" list before you upgraded to 0.9.1, and then sooner than 24 hours viewed that list again with the new spartacus. This might have not by then rebuilt the serendipity_plugin DB table, which is necessary so that Spartacus showed the upgrades again.

So I should have made sure that when installing 0.9.1 the pluginlist table was emptied, but I forgot about that.

The bottom line, basically, is that it should work from now on. Maybe you can have a close look on it and report, if it ever happens again?

A save way for purging the serendipity_pluginlist table is to enter the config of the spartacus plugin and hit 'Save'.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Thomas
Regular

Post by Thomas »

Well, I'd say that you should then add a note in the upgrade instructions to view the Spartacus settings and hit save to pruge the table. I think you'll save a lot of work for you and others. :)