Spartacus and Static Page plugin not working properly

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Thomas
Regular

Spartacus and Static Page plugin not working properly

Post by Thomas »

Well, this is what I recognized today. While reading the list of available plugins at the S9Y homepage I saw that there was something yesterday submitted to the static pages plugin.

Because I'm a versioning freak I logged into the backend and tried to see if Spartacus shows me a red icon. Nope, it didn't. Hm. Well, I deleted the static page plugin from the list of installed plugins and retried to get a newer version with Spartacus. Hm, nope, no red icon. Ok, do it the rude way. Logged in into my server, deleted everything from the directory plus the directory itself and retried a third time. Now the static page plugin disappeared completly. :? Ok, what to do? Went to the templates_c directory and deleted the package*.xml files to be downloaded again.

Only now Spartacus showed me 3.11 as current version. I installed this one. So far for Spartacus. I think it still might need some enhancement.

For the static page plugin I can say that since the first version was available its functions have definetly been increased. But what's now with 3.11? Well, I have a warning page defined for my visitors. Usually this is a static page which is defined as start page. This was working previously. But not anymore with 3.11. Don't ask me why.

I even defined a new page, saved it as start page - result is that it's not displayed.
What's curious is that in the MySQL table a filename 'none.html' is saved. Compared to another static page it should be plugin_staticpage.tpl I think. The value for 'is_startpage' is defined and set for this page but seems to be ignored.
Additionally the values in the table serendipity_staticpages_types are double inserted, I see plugin_staticpage.tpl and plugin_staticpage_aboutpage.tpl twice.

Any ideas to this? Bzw, articles are not cached.

Regards, Thomas
Thomas
Regular

Post by Thomas »

Additionally I recognized that it does NOT create serendipity_staticpages automatically. The types table is created. I tested it by completly deleting everything which has to do with the static page plugin. So I dropped the tables, too.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

There might be a problem with Spartacus recognizing updated plugin versions. I am looking into this next week.

The staticpage plugin has already been updated once again to fix the table creation problem.

About your startpage issues, I dont' remember the code having changed in this regard. I'll also try to look into this next week, if Falk isn't faster than me.

Thanks for your help,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/