Go have a look what a mess my blog left.

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Klauwaart
Regular

Go have a look what a mess my blog left.

Post by Klauwaart »

Hi,
I posted an article today, and usednothing out of thordinary, the editor window showed everything correctly, but the preview and final publish were one hell of a mess.

Pictures gone black, pictures and text completely out of place, honestly beyond description.
Go and have a look four yourself, please: https://www.vlaamseradio.tk/blog/

I have had more of those things lately, fortunately I was usually able to fix them, but this time there's no curing them.
However, shouldn't those blog scripts just work without us having to spend goodness knoes how much time trying to get things right after posting/
onli
Regular

Re: Go have a look what a mess my blog left.

Post by onli »

It looks like something is going wrong when creating the image thumbnails, which makes them be black later. I do not know how that can happen. Do you have someone (the hoster?) that could have a look at the logs?

For the text, is the white background some of the text has the issue?
Klauwaart
Regular

Post by Klauwaart »

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, but I think the bet solution for me will be to ditch Seremdipity.
There are really far too many issues with it.
A shame, because if everything worked properly it could be a great blogging system but far too much does not do what it is supposed to do.
Thank you.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

No worries, if it does not work on your setup it's good to try something else. Just keep in mind that the black thumbnails point to a problem on the PHP setup/the server, and could follow you around if you go to a different PHP blogging engine. But maybe not :)

For the log, the white background of the text is inserted by inline CSS if I saw that correctly, which might have come from the WYSIWYG editor or a browser extension.