Password protected pages, viewable

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Noelb
Regular

Password protected pages, viewable

Post by Noelb »

If you set password protection on post, if, by viewing the blog you click on post to go read teh full post, as in ' continue reading ...foo..." it asks for password... BUT, if you click view as pdf, without entering password anywhere, the entire protected posts is displayed as PDF.
defeating the purpose of password protecting posts.
thh
Regular

Re: Password protected pages, viewable

Post by thh »

Noelb wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:42 pmIf you set password protection on post, if, by viewing the blog you click on post to go read teh full post, as in ' continue reading ...foo..." it asks for password... BUT, if you click view as pdf, without entering password anywhere, the entire protected posts is displayed as PDF.
defeating the purpose of password protecting posts.
Looks like a bug (or the two plugins not working together properly).

As serendipity_event_blogpdf currently is going to be removed (see https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/issues/605), so I'm not sure if it makes sense to chance the current behaviour beforehand. (Generating PDFs shouldn't be a problem anymore anyway, so there is not much need for that plugin.) There's always the possibility someone will step up and maintain the plugin, of course.
Noelb
Regular

Re: Password protected pages, viewable

Post by Noelb »

Hi,
Thanks, you're probably right there, I will just remove it, since even my ancient firefox allows to print-to-pdf, it probably isn't worth fixing especially if its broke with php7