Unseparated info messages when deleting multiple comments

Found a bug? Tell us!!
hanno
Regular

Unseparated info messages when deleting multiple comments

Post by hanno »

When I delete multiple comments in the serendipity backend I get an infobox with multiple messages that are not separated at all, like this:

"Done: Comment #124 has successfully been deletedDone: Comment #123 has successfully been deletedDone: Comment #120 has successfully been deletedDone: Comment #119 has successfully been deleted"

Screenshot attached.

This looks very weird, as there isn't even a space between the different messages. I think adding a newline after each info messages would be good.
Attachments
screenshot showing undesired behavior
screenshot showing undesired behavior
s9y-comment-infobox.jpg (58.06 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
yellowled
Regular

Re: Unseparated info messages when deleting multiple comment

Post by yellowled »

Grrrrr. These messages have been a thorn in my side during the whole 2.0 backend redesign. Thanks for reporting, will turn this into a GitHub issue.

YL
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

yellowled wrote:Grrrrr. These messages have been a thorn in my side during the whole 2.0 backend redesign. Thanks for reporting, will turn this into a GitHub issue.
*sigh*

I spent half an hour working at the wrong incarnation of my testblog (I'm in the procress of switching servers, currently), and then another half an hour trying to use "explode" in Smarty, which is blocked for security reasons.

But now I think I have a first draft for a solution, see PR. (Please test & review!)

[And we don't check if the comment was really deleted. If you reload the page, you can "delete" the comment again and again ...]

[And I'm not sure whether I found another glitch: Delete a single comment and then delete two comments using multidelete. First I get a single delete message - and then, multi-deleting, three: the one from the single delete and the two from the multi-delete. That happens with the current version and with my patch ...]
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

[Issues, Thomas. Create issues for those. And thanks for fixing it quickly. :)]

YL
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

yellowled wrote:[Issues, Thomas. Create issues for those. And thanks for fixing it quickly. :)]
Creating an issue would require a bit of testing to make it reproducible - and I was lacking the time to do that yesterday and today again, at least regarding the issue with the message disply glitch. :(

Submitted the missing check, after all (#527).