Unicode symbols truncated?

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Huhu
Regular

Unicode symbols truncated?

Post by Huhu »

Should be nothing special, yet it would be nice to know why/find a solution if possible, for the following event:

Trying to embed Unicode code for two symbols, Rat and Fuelpump, in the plaintext entry editor, shows both correctly in the article preview, even in Title. Yet after saving the entry and re-opening it for editing, the Rat symbol (link) vanishes -- and everything behind it.

(Removed the code due to a s9y board error; happens both hex and decimal and hardcopy)

So something like this:
"((Fuelpump)) x26FD and ((Rat)) 128000 in the entry"

shows up like this:
"((Fuelpump)) x26FD and "
Last edited by Huhu on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post-apocalyptic Jugger sports: What is Jugger? Video I Free ebook on the sport
yellowled
Regular

Re: Unicode symbols truncaated?

Post by yellowled »

This is really not my area of expertise, but I assume that it might be interesting to know if your blog is configured to use a charset that actually allows for these unicode characters? (Not sure if UTF-8 would suffice, but I guess it should be at least that.)

YL
onli
Regular

Re: Unicode symbols truncaated?

Post by onli »

This could be the same issue as https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/issues/394. You are using Mysql I assume?

We will work on this after 2.1 was release, I hope both is not far off.
Huhu
Regular

Re: Unicode symbols truncated?

Post by Huhu »

Thanks for the swift answers!
Yes, I am using MySQL. As for the font, I use two different ones for the titles and entries, though nothing out of the ordinary. Otherwise, it is the basic 2k11 template font-wise.
Huhu
Regular

Post by Huhu »

Update:
When I am embedding a Twitter feed, this works as intended - but not if the tweet contains unsupported "emojis". The symbol is not only not displayed but the whole article breaks at that point (including the twitter feed container).
Example: Owl http://emojipedia.org/owl/
Huhu
Regular

Post by Huhu »

One more report on interesting behaviour.
I tried to paste the Clock symbol ( https://www.fileformat.info/info/unicod ... /index.htm ) directly into the source code Static Page editor, since the html entity isn't displayed correctly on all browsers. It indeed is pasted and displayed in the editor then.

When I try this, the page stops rendering (=is not displayed) exactly with this pasted-in symbol.