Multilingual plugin "forgets" default language

Found a bug? Tell us!!
wesley
Regular

Re: Multilingual plugin "forgets" default language

Post by wesley »

Admin page is not accessible anymore with the following error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function assign() on a non-object in /Library/WebServer/Documents/blog/plugins/serendipity_event_multilingual/serendipity_event_multilingual.php on line 383
I've disabled line 383 at the moment on my blog. Better to have access with broken title than no access at all.

Also, the sub-title (description) of the blog is still not properly processed for the archive page with the new version.
I added a line to process blogDescription (in addition to blogTitle) and that solved the problem on my blog.

Addendum: I cleared the cache and tested the language-switching functions. It works perfectly now for me.
I make s9y plugins, too.
My s9y blog depends on them. :)
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Sorry. Please use 2.26, or this diff.

@@ -25,11 +25,11 @@ class serendipity_event_multilingual extends serendipity_event
             'serendipity' => '1.6',
             'smarty'      => '2.6.7',
             'php'         => '4.1.0'
         ));
         $propbag->add('groups',         array('FRONTEND_ENTRY_RELATED', 'BACKEND_EDITOR'));
-        $propbag->add('version',        '2.25');
+        $propbag->add('version',        '2.26');
         $propbag->add('configuration',  array('copytext', 'placement', 'tagged_title', 'tagged_entries', 'tagged_sidebar', 'langswitch'));
         $propbag->add('event_hooks',    array(
                 'frontend_fetchentries'     => true,
                 'frontend_fetchentry'       => true,
                 'entry_display'             => true,
@@ -378,11 +378,15 @@ class serendipity_event_multilingual extends serendipity_event

case 'backend_configure':
                     if (!is_array($eventData)) {
                         return false;
                     }
+                    if (!is_object($serendipity['smarty'])) {
+                        serendipity_smarty_init();
+                    }
                     $serendipity['smarty']->assign('blogTitle', $this->strip_langs($eventData['blogTitle']));
+                    $serendipity['smarty']->assign('blogDescription', $this->strip_langs($serendipity['blogDescription']));
                     break;

case 'backend_entry_updertEntry':
                     if (isset($serendipity['POST']['no_save'])) {
                         $eventData['error'] = true;
@@ -445,10 +449,11 @@ class serendipity_event_multilingual extends serendipity_event
                         serendipity_smarty_init($serendipity['plugindata']['smartyvars']);
                     }
                     // assign lang stripped blogTitle to archive page
                     if ($serendipity['plugindata']['smartyvars']['view'] == 'archive') {
                         $serendipity['smarty']->assign('blogTitle', $this->strip_langs($serendipity['blogTitle']));
+                        $serendipity['smarty']->assign('blogDescription', $this->strip_langs($serendipity['blogDescription']));
                     }

if (!defined('Smarty::SMARTY_VERSION')) {
                         $this->tag_title(); // in Smarty 2 only
                         // check this deeply! - since at least for the non-tag banner entry_title this seems to not work here with Smarty 3 - see workaround in frontent_display
Still strange though that you haven't had an already initiated Smarty object at this point.

Ah, I noticed that clearing cache did solve this for you. Well, still better to have this check there added with 2.26.

Oh - and btw, if you have Spartacus mirrors set to GitHub you'll get the new commit 2.26 right away, if one has not updated the previous 2.25 version yet.

Oh - and another btw. Since loving tags, you may probably would like to test my freetags dev plugin. https://github.com/ophian/serendipity_e ... g/releases
Please read the changeLog file from v3.66, which shows, it was quite treated since then. :)
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
wesley
Regular

Post by wesley »

Changing the Spartacus mirror to GitHub still yielded version 2.25 as the latest for me for some reason, so I did a manual download and stuff works flawlessly on my site. Great thanks. :)

As for the freetag plugin, I'm glad to give the most recent version (dev or otherwise) a ride, but Dev-2 has "2 commits to master since release" mentioned. That sounds like I should download from the "master" page instead of the page you linked. Would that be better?
I make s9y plugins, too.
My s9y blog depends on them. :)
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

No. Take the released zip 3.77-2 for sure, since that is the one you can just drop into!
The master repo is only ahead with a version note about this in the readme.

GitHub still yielded version 2.25 as the latest
Yes, thats what you get (by version) today, tomorrow (after the xml sync) it will say 2.26. Thats why I said it'll yield 2.25, but will fetch 2.26, since that is the one already on GitHub, if pulled by this mirror. :)
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
icegirl

Post by icegirl »

I have the same problem, and it did not help