[1.7] Links to comments do not work

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Lux
Regular

[1.7] Links to comments do not work

Post by Lux »

Hi!

With version 1.7 the links to comments do not work anymore.

Example:

http://www.deimeke.net/dirk/blog/index. ... tml#c17731

Cheers

Dirk
onli
Regular

Re: [1.7] Links to comments do not work

Post by onli »

Dirk, that link is working for me now Oo (linking to the first comment). Should it link to another? Where are you landing when following that link?
Lux
Regular

Post by Lux »

onli wrote:Dirk, that link is working for me now Oo (linking to the first comment). Should it link to another? Where are you landing when following that link?
It is linking to the article, not to the comment.

Even clearing the cache and forcing a reload does not work with Iceweasel (Firefox) 22.0

Chromium works.

Cheers

Dirk
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Is that a beta version? Firefox 21 seems to be the current stable.

The html seems fine to me. It is using the ids as anchor-targets, which should work in html5, and works in chromium 25 and Firefox 21 on my system. Maybe that is a Bug in FF 22, or a specific Bug with some configurations.

If that is a bug in FF 22, the template could work around that with seperate anchors -> I'm passing this on to YL.
Lux
Regular

Post by Lux »

onli wrote: If that is a bug in FF 22, the template could work around that with seperate anchors -> I'm passing this on to YL.
Confirmed!

Firefox 21 on a different machine works fine.

Cheers

Dirk
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

onli wrote: If that is a bug in FF 22, the template could work around that with seperate anchors -> I'm passing this on to YL.
What should I do about a browser bug in FF? :)

The comments do have a proper id, the comment permalinks do use a proper href. I wouldn't know what causes this to not work in Firefox – which, by the way, I can't reproduce in FF 21 on OSX. And that's the most recent FF available to me. Might be a bug in Iceweasel and/or related to the fact that FF22 is still in development.

YL
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

What should I do about a browser bug in FF?
Well, bend the reality and make it work :P

No, seriously: If the bug really occurs in FF 22 when stable, what you could try is to emit the old a-anchors with a name. Let's hope it will get fixed by then.
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Please anyone, take care of telling them before release in the next weeks!
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ :)
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
camil7
Regular

Post by camil7 »

It seems that bug is already fixed and only needs to be released, e.g. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=873926

If someone is really concerned about that issue, one can patch ones theme manually, e.g.

Code: Select all

--- a/templates/default/comments.tpl
+++ b/templates/default/comments.tpl
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
 {foreach from=$comments item=comment name="comments"}
-    <a id="c{$comment.id}"></a>
+    <a id="c{$comment.id}" name="c{$comment.id}"></a>
     <div id="serendipity_comment_{$comment.id}" class="serendipity_comment serendipity_comment_author_{$comment.author|@makeFilename} {if $entry.author == $comment.author}serendipity_comment_author_self{/if} {cycle values="comment_oddbox, comment_evenbox"}" style="padding-left: {$comment.depth*20}px">
         <div class="serendipity_commentBody">
for the default theme, or e.g.

Code: Select all

--- a/templates/2k11/comments.tpl
+++ b/templates/2k11/comments.tpl
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
 {foreach from=$comments item=comment name="comments"}
-<article id="c{$comment.id}" class="serendipity_comment{if $entry.author == $comment.author} serendipity_comment_author_self{/if} {cycle values="odd,even"} {if $comment.depth > 8}commentlevel-9{else}commentlevel-{$comment.depth}{/if}">
+<article class="serendipity_comment{if $entry.author == $comment.author} serendipity_comment_author_self{/if} {cycle values="odd,even"} {if $comment.depth > 8}commentlevel-9{else}commentlevel-{$comment.depth}{/if}"><a name="c{$comment.id}"></a>
     <header class="clearfix">
for the 2k11 theme.
I have to admit that I prefer to wait for mozilla to release the fix instead of patching my s9y installation. Actually it affects a lot of websites.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

camil7 wrote:I have to admit that I prefer to wait for mozilla to release the fix instead of patching my s9y installation.
There is absolutely no sense whatsoever in patching something which is already fixed in the browser, but yet to be released.

YL