image upload bugs...

Found a bug? Tell us!!
klokop
Regular

image upload bugs...

Post by klokop »

Ok, installed s9y 6.0-rc1, works excellent, except for image uploads.

Created dir on server: uploads/, entered it's name in config. screen under 'paths':
relative upload path: uploads/
upload path: uploads/

use imagmagick: yes
path to convert lib: /usr/bin/convert

Here's the errors I'm getting:
Upon uploading an image:

Code: Select all

File IMG_3857.jpg successfully uploaded as /home/virtual/site69/fst/var/www/html/s9y/uploads/IMG_3857.jpg

Warning: shell_exec(): Cannot execute using backquotes in Safe Mode in /home/virtual/site69/fst/var/www/html/s9y/serendipity_functions_images.inc.php on line 146
Thumbnail created.
Done.
The image is present in the dir, yet no thumb has been created, contrary to the above message.

When I go to 'admin images', there are no imgs to be admined.

However, when I go to 'recreate thumbs', I get:

Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/virtual/site69/fst/var/www/html/s9y/serendipity_admin_images.inc.php on line 18
Syncronizing the database with the image folder
Done (sync. 1 image).
Resize image
Done (resized 1 image).
OK. Now I can edit the source to get rid of the 'in safe mode' errors, as posted here, as well as commenting out the 'set_time_limt' function.
But that doesn't really help...

New errors:
uploading:

File cassette-tape.gif successfully uploaded as /home/virtual/site69/fst/var/www/html/s9y/uploads/cassette-tape.gif
Thumbnail created.
Done.
However: no thumb is present in the uploads/ dir.
image admin error:

Warning: getimagesize(): Unable to access /home/virtual/site69/fst/var/www/html/s9y/uploads//cassette-tape.klein.gif in /home/virtual/site69/fst/var/www/html/s9y/serendipity_functions_images.inc.php on line 420

Warning: getimagesize(/home/virtual/site69/fst/var/www/html/s9y/uploads//cassette-tape.klein.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site69/fst/var/www/html/s9y/serendipity_functions_images.inc.php on line 420
Removing the double slash ('//') in the location has no positive effedt. error is logical, cause there is no 'cassette-tape.klein.gif' in the uploads dir.

So, what's the solution here??
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: image upload bugs...

Post by garvinhicking »

Try to disable imagemagick. You are facing serous safe mode restrictions, and s9y is not fully adapted to work with that safe mode. So maybe using only gdlib function could help.
klokop
Regular

Post by klokop »

So entering 'no' in the imagemack question should do the trick? Except that the gdlib lib must be available to me. How do I test that? Trying....