Bullitproof layout

Found a bug? Tell us!!
jschulenburg
Regular

Bullitproof layout

Post by jschulenburg »

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Serendipity, so please excuse me if i'm saying something stupid. I'm running Serendipity on a Synology 210J and i'm positively suprised by its speed! Much better than Wordpress or Joomla!

But, however, the layout differs when opening the page http://www.schulenburg-it.nl under Firefox or IE8? Margins are different, the link list shows up different and the bottom line is different!

Any suggestions?
yellowled
Regular

Re: Bullitproof layout

Post by yellowled »

jschulenburg wrote:I'm running Serendipity on a Synology 210J and i'm positively suprised by its speed!
Before we get into it, could you please elaborate on what "Synology 210J" is? Is this some kind of hosting service?

YL
sonichouse
Regular

Post by sonichouse »

The DS210j is a NAS server for your home/network.
Steve is occasionally blogging here
jschulenburg
Regular

Post by jschulenburg »

Yep, a home NAS, dual-bay, with PHP/MySQL capabilities. It has run Joomla 1.5 (poor performance), but Serendipity runs fine on it.
jschulenburg
Regular

Post by jschulenburg »

I discovered that the tooltip event plugin caused the problems. Removed the plugin, all seems fine. Thankz :)
jschulenburg
Regular

Post by jschulenburg »

But still there is the issue of the link list not working under IE8/Chrome but it does on Firefox :(
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

jschulenburg wrote:But still there is the issue of the link list not working under IE8/Chrome but it does on Firefox :(
If by "link list" you mean the horizontal navigation (links in the sidebar seem to work just fine), you do know that you have to configure these links manually ("Manage styles"), right? The horizontal nav in BP is not generated automagically. By the way, it doesn't work in FF, either. So I'm kind of confused by your statement -- what exactly do you mean?

YL
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

jschulenburg wrote:I discovered that the tooltip event plugin caused the problems.
It would be great if you could describe what exactly it messed up so we can figure out whether it was an issue caused by the plugin or the template. Try to be as specific as possible please -- what didn't work where?

YL