contactform-plugin: change submit-button

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
orang
Regular

contactform-plugin: change submit-button

Post by orang »

Hi there,

I installed successfully the contactform-plugin: it's really great! But I'd like to use it not really as an contact but rather as a form were people can subscribe themselves to events. And therefore I would like to change the value of the submit button and also the the text which is shown just right above the the submit button. Does anybody know how I can arrange that? I've already looked at the .tpl-files as well as on the .php-file but couldn't see where the variables are set.

Would be great, thank's.
Stefan
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi

you can change this in /lang/serendipity_lang_en.inc.php or /lang/utf8/serendipity_lang_en.inc.php if the default language for your blog is UTF8.

change this line
@define('SUBMIT_COMMENT', 'Submit Comment');
to
@define('SUBMIT_COMMENT', 'Subscribe');

if that's what you want it to say

These are instructions for the english language files, if your blog is in German the you would change the serendipity_lang_de.inc.php instead

HTH

Dave
orang
Regular

Post by orang »

Hi Dave,

thanks very much for your reply. The thing is, in the future I would maybe like to set up another contact form on these sites, which then would be a "real" contact form. So if I change now these global variable, then all future contact forms will have as well a button "Subscribe". And that I don't want. My question was rather if there is a possiblity to change this within the plugin-files? Or can I just put up a new variable just for this case? As I haven't done such a thing before I don't really know how complex this would be?

Do you know any solution? Thank you, I appreciate your help
Stefan
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

In that case you must edit the plugin_contactform*.tpl files, search for {$CONST.SUBMIT_...} and then enter the constant there.

To support multiple contactforms with different names, you will need to add IF-statements to the templateform, like:

Code: Select all

{if $plugin_contactform_pagetitle == 'mypagetitle1'}
<input type="submit" name="serendipity[submit]" value="Submit Comment" />
{else}
<input type="submit" name="serendipity[submit]" value="Submit This with a different name" />
{/if}
You can add multiple if's to check all kinds of pagetitles then.

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/