Who is interested in a S9y User/Developer Meeting in autumn

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
falk
Regular

Post by falk »

I don't think so that Robert realy meen a 4-stars restaurant. I think he meens a small "conference room" or "event venue" with kitchen. I hope i am right.
And we don't eat only sausage and sauerkraut ;-). We have McDonalds, too ;-) ;-).
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

carl_galloway wrote:Are there any church or club halls in Kassel that could be hired? Also, does Kassel have good Internet access?
I haven't read the German thread yet (is it just me or is it getting much more crowded in here since the v1.1 release?), but I suppose we're not really settled on Kassel yet. However, any bigger city in Germany should technically offer at least DSL lines, so that shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Besides, you're used to dialup anyway ... :wink:

YL
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

falk wrote:I don't think so that Robert realy meen a 4-stars restaurant. I think he meens a small "conference room" or "event venue" with kitchen. I hope i am right.
And we don't eat only sausage and sauerkraut ;-). We have McDonalds, too ;-) ;-).
But I like sausage and sauerkraut. (McDonalds tastes like wet cardboard smothered in grease.) And where else are you going to find the good stuff? Germany, Poland, and the Czech Republic, that's it.

Anyway, no offense intended. My father-in-law is Czech, my mother-in-law is Austrian, and they're always telling me I need to go to Germany to get some good sausage.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
mattsches
Regular

Post by mattsches »

Yay, sausage :D

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that - despite your antipathy towards wikis - I created an s9ycamp wiki right here. Maybe we should try to make this bilingual, too. That is, if anyone will use it at all :wink:

- Mattsches
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

:snarl: down with wiki's!!! lol, thats a pretty groovy service, a free wiki, I like.

It looks like about 10-15 people have expressed an interest, which is enough to say lets do this. Now it needs to be announced on the s9y blog to get the people who don't visit the forums to reply and also express an interest.

EDIT: I have an editors account at blog.s9y.org if anyone wants to send me the English and German text for this announcement
Jeffrey35
Regular

Post by Jeffrey35 »

Just pick Amsterdam, we have McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Burger King, the Red Light District and coffeeshops. Plus I don't have to drive that far than.

Greetz,
Jeffrey
robert
Regular

Post by robert »

As mentioned - I prefer some cities. But you need a person there who is organizing the facilities, the technic, etc.

IMHO a Wiki good be a good idea to collect ideas, etc. The s9ycamp.supersized.org blog could be the place to make announcements, to place the programme and so on.

@Carl
Thanks for the offer to use the blog. I think about a text (with the help - I hope so - of YellowLed) and will send it to you in the next days.
tazilein
Regular

Post by tazilein »

carl_galloway wrote:I notice Robert has updated the German thread and it appears he is saying that a local restaurant(?) would be available to him.
As I think that I know what robert has in mind: it is not a restaurant, but a nice place designed for lan-parties or small workshops (up to 50 people). Good internet connection and enough PCs if you do not want to travel with yours.

As i posted that in the german thread too: In Vienna I (or better my family) can provide several short term apartments for a decent price.
robert
Regular

Post by robert »

tazilein, thanx. Yes, that was my in mind.
Neut
Regular

Post by Neut »

Shouldn't we think about the possibilities to enter the camp by means of webcam, skype, or any conferencing solutions. Save a good amount of money for travelling, and at least we can show a delicious sausage to Judebert. :)
Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
robert
Regular

Post by robert »

@Neut
Webcam etc. would be a nice idea for all who can´t be live at the S9yCamp.
Martin
Regular

Post by Martin »

Whoa...
I'd love this.
I'll come, get drunk and talk about "uglyhacking your s9y for fun and profit".

-m
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Neut wrote: at least we can show a delicious sausage to Judebert. :)
As long as it's only one-way. I don't think anyone wants to watch me salivating. :lol:
Martin wrote:I'll come, get drunk and talk about "uglyhacking your s9y for fun and profit".
I sense blackmail potential!
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

I notice the english thread is still preoccupied with sausage, yet the german thread has progressed way beyond this to a discussion of the amount of alcohol users want to consume.

The location for the venue still hasn't been decided and just seems to be going round in circles but the two favourites are still Vienna or Kassel.

Also, it seems an itinerary has been suggested
Friday, everyone arrives, meet and greet, drinks and (if in Vienna) a tour of Vienna by night.
Saturday, conference begins with Serendipity lectures and workshops, possibly dinner or a party in the evening
Sunday, conference continues, then final goodbyes to everyone
robert
Regular

Post by robert »

Hi Carl,
I saw the "occupation" by other topics. Joking, laughing, drinking etc. could be a part of the S9yCamp (especially on Friday).
But I´m also (more) interested in good discussion, learn more about S9y, etc.

Yes, discussions go around in circle. I proposed to wait until end of January of somebody could offer the organisation of such a meeting. If not I will propose Vienna again ;-)

Regards
Robert