A few issues...

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
sholly

A few issues...

Post by sholly »

Hey all,

First off, thanks for making an easy to install blog server that supports Postgre.

I've been playing with Serendipity all weekend and have some minor issues that I can't seem to find answers for. Any help is greatly appreciated;

1. I add categories using the admin console, post blogs to those categories, but when I click on a category from the main page, I get 404 errors and it looks like it's looking for entries in a category subdirectory instead of from the Postgre server.

2. Links to any of my posts all lead to 404 errors and the error points to an /archive directory. Again, I'd think it would be pulling this from the database.

3. I try to admin the plugins and all I get is a pick list box with the available plugins, no way to configure them. This did work with the stable version, but I've upgraded to the latest CVS today and now I have no access to managing the plugins.

This server is on a FreeBSD 4.9 server, Apache2, PHP 4.3.3, Postgre 7.3.

It is publicly accessible @ http://www.sweetwatersea.com/serendipity/index.php.

Thanks,

Steve
sholly

I fixed the problem

Post by sholly »

I messed with this last night and today (thanks jtate). Seemed to come down to a mod_rewrite issue which is over my head for now. Anyways, seen a lot about staying away from Apache2 so I installed Apache 1.3.29 and everything works great now. So, while I cannot pinpoint what the exact problem was with my setup, moving to Apache 1.3.29 fixed it.