Can you recommend an offline editor

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Josh
Regular

Can you recommend an offline editor

Post by Josh »

I am using the FCKeditor plugin for S9Y to write my posts and save my drafts online. That works fine. It would be faster, however, if I could collect ideas and write my drafts in an offline editor.

How do you write your blog posts? Can you recommend a great WYSIWYG editor?

I have tried Qumana, but it uses up quite a lot of memory. It offers the option to publish posts as well, but I don't need that.

I have tried a few other free WYSIWYG editors, but they formated quotes with

Code: Select all

div
instead of

Code: Select all

blockquote
ocj
Regular

Post by ocj »

I use the built-in Non-WYSIWYG-Editor. It offers everything I need.

Which functions do you need?

ocj
oddcarl
Regular

Post by oddcarl »

I rarely use a WYSIG editor but when I do, I use Microsoft Frontpage. Compose in the WYSIG mode and then to go HTML and cut and paste the code into Serendipity. (or any blog system)

Generally, for 99% everything, I use NoteTab you can get it free or a Pro version. One great thing about NoteTab is the tag insertion pane.
abdussamad
Regular

Post by abdussamad »

Sadly s9y has had some problems with posting via external applications in the past. Maybe this has been solved now in the latest release. I am using the july/june 2006 release of s9y 1.0 and I use the performancing extension to firefox with success. You can download it from http://performancing.com/firefox . It is fully WYSIWYG You can also save your posts offline or publish straight away.

Another option is wbloggar. Its a complete WYSIWYG application but I have had limited success with it and s9y in the past. You can get it at http://wbloggar.com/.

Both are free. Regarding formatting of quotes, wysiwyg editors are notorious for generating unclean code :( . You will need to edit the code manually if you want perfect code.