I'm running IIS, what are my options?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
raitchison

I'm running IIS, what are my options?

Post by raitchison »

Currently I run IIS on my web server with several pages, including 3 phpBB sites, as well as phpMyAdmin.

When I found Serendipity I thought I had found the tool I was looking for until I discovered that it only works with Apache.

Not that I have anything against Apache per say, obviously I'm not opposed to Open Source software since I'm using lots of it PHP, MySQL, phpbb, etc.

It's just that I know NOTHING about Apache and I know quite a bit about IIS and while I'm very confident that I know how to run an IIS web server I'm not so confident that I can do so with Apache (this is the same reason I run Windows 2000 instead of Linux)

Not to mention, it would take me a while to get everything moved over to Apache that's already working fine on IIS.

So I guess the questions are:

Has anyone successfully got Serendipity to work on IIS? Even if I give up a few features it might still work. Has it even been tried?

I was thinking about installing Apache _just_ for Serendipity, then redirecting adifferent public IP to Apache on 8080 (using the firewall to map port 80 to port 8080)

Failing that, can someone recommend a different solution (non Serendipity )? I've tried phpwebsite and phpnuke, I just want something to run my personal home page around a blog and it would be ideal if it supported RSS.

Thanks!
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: I'm running IIS, what are my options?

Post by garvinhicking »

The thing is that we use several Variables which are only available on Apache Systems ($_SERVER[...] variables). Since our developers all lack a IIS environment, we didn't test it yet. I am sure it can be made working by looking into those variable differences...

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
raitchison

Post by raitchison »

OK Thanks, I think I'll give it a shot.

Of course I don't know much about PHP code itself.

I've actually got TikiWiki up and running but it's so ridiculously overkill for my purposes it's not funny.

I also tried simplog but it's not working right for some reason.

If I get it working I'll be sure to post up here.

It should work....

Post by Guest »

I have 0.7.1 working well under IIS...

In index.php I just changed:

Code: Select all

$uri = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
to

Code: Select all

$uri = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'].'?'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
With 0.8 I had some trouble with the installer (see my post http://www.s9y.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=747), and then I used the same index.php fix as above...

I have not explored 0.8 _at all_... I have just gotten it up and running (and am out of time for the day)...

If you need any specific help just post and I'll see if I can help...
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

Doh.. that Guest was me....
raitchison, if you need anything, feel free to PM me..