Microsoft FrontPage and Serendipity

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Gee - can you tell I'm subscribed to this topic? :lol:

I'm definitely missing something in the syntax for file names and changing directories.

I have s9y installed at http://www.mydomain.com/serendipity

My file, serendipity_wrapper.php is located at http://www.mydomain.com/serendipity_wrapper.php

What is the correct syntax/path for:

chdir("serenity_directory");
require("index.php");
chdir("original directory");

Appreciate the continued assistance judebert!
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Don't know if this is correct, but I tried the following:

chdir("serenity");
require("index.php");
chdir("..");

It seemed to work. Sort of, now I need to figure out some other things:

1) I am not getting my MS FrontPage theme elements in, and it makes me wonder if it is related to the fact that this file is php.

2) As soon as I try to add a comment to a thread, I am taken to a plain white page, and no longer see my page.

3) Once a comment is posted, I am not returned to my original page.

Have to clean up the formatting, text colors, etc, but this is where I am right now:

http://www.chicagoloopcruise/news.php
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Well, I have yet to defeat the supression of my FrontPage theme, but I am coming to a conclusion here - so let me know if this is correct.

It appears that, while I can certainly output the blog to my own page, the reality is this - any time you hit "comment", and after such a comment is posted, I'm headed right back for the index.php file, which in my case, has been stripped of any formatting.

So, either I need to find a way to remain on the embedded page, or I need to scrap this idea, and move in a direction of trying to create a Serendipity theme that matches my site - something I think will be difficult to do.

Comments? Suggestions?
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Anyone??
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Sorry, Owen. I've been working like a dog, so I've been leaving forums behind.

The way to remain on the same page is to enclose Serendipity in an IFRAME. I normally hate that kind of stuff, but hey - it does what you want. Garvin may have more help along these lines; I seem to remember he talked with someone else about it not too long ago, but I can't for the life of me think of a way to search it up.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Judebert - I'm throwing in the towel on that line of thinking. Your help allowed me to make it work, but I do not think an Iframe is what I want.

You have just posted on another thread in which I am moving in the direction of using themes. I'll just let this thread die - will pick move over to that conversation. In fact, THAT thread is better replaced by one I posted in the Themes area about a defacto style.css. So, no more use for this thread, maybe it will help someone in the future, but the real answer for me lies in figuring out this theme stuff.