Use serendipity as one blog-page on company website

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
govnocoder

Use serendipity as one blog-page on company website

Post by govnocoder »

Hello everyone, I have some questions about serendipity functionality and modifications.

I actually want to use serendipity as a blog engine for my websites blog, so the question is - is it possible to add custom header, footer and use my custom css styles and js along with serendipity.

Thank you very much :D
thh
Regular

Re: Use serendipity as one blog-page on company website

Post by thh »

govnocoder wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:36 pmI actually want to use serendipity as a blog engine for my websites blog, so the question is - is it possible to add custom header, footer and use my custom css styles and js along with serendipity.
That should be possible. You can create your own theme or adapt an existing theme to change the look and feel of s9y to your website, or you can even use the "embed" configuration directive, see https://docs.s9y.org/docs/users/getting ... dding.html.
Robison

Post by Robison »

Are there any limitations when you're adapting an existing theme like that?
Here's expert option on compound bows to check out.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

That's kind of hard to answer without knowing what you intend to do.

I'll assume you have an existing site with existing markup (HTML), CSS and maybe some JavaScript, and you would like to use that with s9y while keeping your current site's look. So you would have to "port" your current markup to s9y templates, add your CSS and JavaScript and start adding content.

If you know all those technologies and are willing to dig into Smarty templates (which is basically HTML with some programming code, nothing too fancy), you should be able to do that fairly quickly. You'll have to find out what to change where (i.e. in which tpl file), but there's documentation for that. Of course, you can always ask here.

YL