Contact Form

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
fredsfollies
Regular

Contact Form

Post by fredsfollies »

I've downloaded the Contact From plugin but can't figure out how to set up a link where it can be seen on the webpage. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I am currently using the Coffee Cup theme and there is no banner for menu options going across horizontally at the top of the page.
yellowled
Regular

Re: Contact Form

Post by yellowled »

fredsfollies wrote:I've downloaded the Contact From plugin but can't figure out how to set up a link where it can be seen on the webpage. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I am currently using the Coffee Cup theme and there is no banner for menu options going across horizontally at the top of the page.
If your blog has the option to include a (horizontal) navbar for such links depends on the theme you're using. Old, outdated themes (like Coffee Cup) usually do no offer this option.

Unless you want to switch to a modern theme like 2k11 or Timeline, you basically have two simple options to link to your contact form:
  • you can manually insert a link to the contact form in the sidebar using a sidebar plugin called HTML nugget
  • if you use the Static Pages plugin, which has a sidebar plugin that lists all the static pages your blog has, you can add the contact form to said list of static pages (but it doesn't really make sense to use Static Pages just for that if you don't already use it)
YL
fredsfollies
Regular

Re: Contact Form

Post by fredsfollies »

Thanks for the quick response...I changed the theme to one with a horizontal navbar and was able to include the Comment form into it. Appreciate your help.