It shows blank page after migration!

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
dazzlers

It shows blank page after migration!

Post by dazzlers »

I have migrated Serendipity blog version 1.6.2 to another server having sqlite3. After migration, the blog is showing a blank page. It is not showing any errors in logs as well as when running the index.php from command line.

The new server version supports the installation of Serendipity blog version 1.6.2 and a new install works just fine.

Is there anything can be done to the migrated blog so that it just works fine with sqlite version 3? I have converted the db sqlite version from 2 to 3, and also changed the dbType from sqlite to pdo-sqlite in configuration file, but none of these helped.

Any help is appreciated.
onli
Regular

Re: It shows blank page after migration!

Post by onli »

There are different ways to tackle this. One would be to look at the database schemes of the broken and the working blog and check for differences. Or you could import the data of the old blog into your new blog - the easiest way might be for that to, in the new blog, attach the old database, then move the data over manually via SQL-statements like

Code: Select all

ATTACH DATABASE 'NAME_OF_OLD_DB_FILE' as odb;
INSERT INTO serendipity_entries SELECT * FROM odb.serendipity_entries
Or if you still have a working instance of the old blog, you could import the entries via the RSS feed.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: It shows blank page after migration!

Post by garvinhicking »

Did you check the permissions of the SQL file, maybe it is not readable?

Maybe you can get errors to display if you set:

$serendipity['production'] = false; 
in your serendipity_config_local.inc.php file for additional errors. However, Serendipity 1.6 is also really old. Maybe also check your include/db/sqlite3.inc.php file and set:

static $debug = true;
in the serendipity_db_query() function to create a "sqlite.log" logfile with possible errors.

HTH,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/