What sources can Serendipity import from?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
cellio

What sources can Serendipity import from?

Post by cellio »

I see in the documentation that Serendipity can import from "Native Word Press, moveableType, b2evo and other systems". I'm looking for more illumination about "other systems". I tried searching this forum before posting this question; please clue me in if I missed something that's already here.

I have a journal on Dreamwidth mirrored to LiveJournal; can I pull that content into Serendipity? I don't see a way to get the RSS feed to go back more than a couple months; I have 16 years' worth of entries, so it looks like RSS is not my answer.

Thanks!
Imajica
Regular

Re: What sources can Serendipity import from?

Post by Imajica »

I see an imported for LiveJournal XML

John
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

cellio wrote:I see in the documentation that Serendipity can import from "Native Word Press, moveableType, b2evo and other systems". I'm looking for more illumination about "other systems". I tried searching this forum before posting this question; please clue me in if I missed something that's already here.
In general (writing as someone who does not have any experience with import, *cough*), importers are never a sure shot. There simply are not enough s9y users altogether and not enough converting from other systems of have reliable test data for importers. A blogging world which is 99% Wordpress does not make this any easier, and of course, it ultimately all depends on what your system provides for export.

The preferred and suggested import is a full RSS/XML export from your old system, though. That being said, there seems to be an old custom importer for LiveJournal. I'd suggest setting up a system for a “test import” first if possible.

Hope this helps a little.

YL
Imajica
Regular

Post by Imajica »

I can say that even the old importers work pretty well.
I used the nucleus importer on several sites and there were minor glitches but I'd say that 99%+ of my content came over