Deleted user still a login option

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
accampbell
Regular

Deleted user still a login option

Post by accampbell »

Some time ago I added a user who is now deleted. Said user still appears as an option in the login page. Not a major problem but is there a file I could edit to eliminate this? There is nothing in serendipity_admin.php.
Anthony Campbell
yellowled
Regular

Re: Deleted user still a login option

Post by yellowled »

accampbell wrote:Said user still appears as an option in the login page.
The login page should only give you empty input form fields for username and password. Anything other than that (like prepopulating these fields) would be (most likely at least) caused by your browser, so it's not something s9y would handle …?

YL
accampbell
Regular

Post by accampbell »

I think you are right. I do get a blank page; when I start to enter my username there I get the two possible usernames offered. This is with my usual browser (Firefox). When I tried with Dillo it didn't happen, so that confirms your idea that it comes from Firefox. I will look into this; sorry for the noise.
Anthony Campbell
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

accampbell wrote:I think you are right. I do get a blank page; when I start to enter my username there I get the two possible usernames offered. This is with my usual browser (Firefox).
I don't really use FF for anything but testing, but I assume you're looking at

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/co ... ills-forms

YL
accampbell
Regular

Post by accampbell »

Yes, I do have autofill but for some reason FF currently doesn't show the relevant options for this or indeed for passwords/usernames. But I installed an addon which shows passwords/usernames and this allowed me to delete the relevant entry.

As a matter of interest, which browser do you prefer? There are various problems with FF at the moment but I don't like most of the alternatives that I've tried.
Anthony Campbell
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

accampbell wrote:As a matter of interest, which browser do you prefer?
Google Chrome. That's because I rely heavily on the Development Tools, which basically every browser has, but I'm used to Chrome's now. It's kind of like using the same editor for years.

YL
accampbell
Regular

Post by accampbell »

Thanks for your reply. I'm largely stuck with FF myself, for the reason of familiarity which you mention, although I'm having another look at Seamonkey.
Anthony Campbell