Correct use of Plugin "Post via XML-RPC" for IFTTT

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
B.Lachner
Regular

Correct use of Plugin "Post via XML-RPC" for IFTTT

Post by B.Lachner »

Hi,
i found some informations how to connect IFTTT with my Serendipity-Blog and installed everything as wanted. I searched the forum, but no one had the same problem like I have.

I use S9y 2.0.3

IFTTT accepted the page ...
http://www.superlehrer.de/serendipity_xmlrpc.php
but every try of IFTTT causes a problem.
WordPress Trigger Error - An error with WordPress prevented your Recipe from working.

I don't know where the problem is. Can you give me some hints, if may be the setting is not correct!?

Thanks, Birgit
yellowled
Regular

Re: Correct use of Plugin "Post via XML-RPC" for IFTTT

Post by yellowled »

B.Lachner wrote:WordPress Trigger Error - An error with WordPress prevented your Recipe from working.

I don't know where the problem is.
Well, it seems as if you're using an IFTTT recipe which is intended to be used with Wordpress. That might not work too well. (Perhaps you can share or link to the recipe you used?)

What do you want to do with IFTTT? A common use case is to autopost entries from an s9y-powered blog to Twitter or Facebook, for example. That works pretty well using i.e. the RSS and Facebook channels on IFTTT: “If new feed item from RSS, create a link post on FB”, but I don't see how/why that would involve Post via XML-RPC …?

YL
B.Lachner
Regular

Post by B.Lachner »

Yes ... I wanted to send new postings to Twitter and other services.

I found an instruction how to use the plugin "XML-RPC" to make Serendipity look like a Wordpress-Blog for IFTTT.
IFTTT accepted the page with the needed informations ... so it thought it is a Wordpress-Blog ... but there was an error.

However ... I'll try out you idea to use RSS-Feeds for this.

Thanks, Birgit
Lux
Regular

Post by Lux »

B.Lachner wrote:I don't know where the problem is. Can you give me some hints, if may be the setting is not correct!?
I think you installed the serendipity_event_xmlrpc plugin, correct?

You can configure it to write a debug log file. Maybe it shows some valuable information.

Cheers

Dirk