General Introduction Thread

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
DabblingInWebDesign
Regular

General Introduction Thread

Post by DabblingInWebDesign »

Hello all,

I didn't see one, so decided to start an introduction thread. If I have somehow just overlooked it, feel free to move this to the appropriate thread.

My name is Michael. I am dabbling in web design, learning things on my own. Here to get and give advice as best as I can.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: General Introduction Thread

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi Michael!

Welcome to the forums. How long are you working with Serendipity already?

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
DabblingInWebDesign
Regular

Post by DabblingInWebDesign »

Hi Garvin,

I haven't really done anything with Serendipity yet. I was focused on HTML coding first, now I am trying my hand at PHP. Looking forward to the experience.
Christine
Regular

Post by Christine »

This thread is a great idea :).

I've been slowly and sporadically working on getting my Serendipity blog up for some time now. I had a music blog years ago and I've wanted to make a really good archive of the old posts. It's gotten a bit ambitious but I'm enjoying learning things as I try to add various features. I'm an amateur who doesn't really know what I'm doing but I like having a go. I'm hoping to launch the blog soon and start posting again.

I really love Serendipity, it is a pleasure to use and fun to tinker with. The people on these forums are extremely helpful and nice, and I am grateful for that.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Hello Christine
Welcome to the forums! :) Will your blog be only an archive of the old posts, or maybe something where you blog again?
Christine
Regular

Post by Christine »

Hi, onli. Thanks for the welcome!

My aim is to blog again, as I have missed it. It was an MP3 blog back when those were a thing. I wanted to make a good archive of my old posts because I think they had some value for fans of the type of music I posted about (it's mostly rare 60s pop and things like that). I did some original research on some unknown artists, and posted hard-to-find songs and videos and such. It would just be a bit of a waste for it to be full of dead MP3 links and deleted Youtube videos (this was from when Youtube would delete all your videos and ban you, rather than monetising or blocking videos).
Axiasore

Post by Axiasore »

DabblingInWebDesign wrote:Hello all,

I didn't see one, so decided to start an introduction thread. If I have somehow just overlooked it, feel free to move this to the appropriate thread.

My name is Michael. I am dabbling in web design, learning things on my own. Here to get and give advice as best as I can.

Hi, I'm james, newbie in serendipity and want to learn more about it so I can use it in my site. So far, I'm looking over tons of resources and threads and try to get out as much info as I can and apply my ideas. Hopefully, I can get help and tips from other users here and also share some when I get more experience. Thanks.
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Axiasore wrote:Hi, I'm james, newbie in serendipity and want to learn more about it so I can use it in my site. So far, I'm looking over tons of resources and threads and try to get out as much info as I can and apply my ideas. Hopefully, I can get help and tips from other users here and also share some when I get more experience. Thanks.
Welcome aboard James! 8)
=Don=