Editing info text in Contact form

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Huhu
Regular

Editing info text in Contact form

Post by Huhu »

Just a quick question: I would like to change (id est, translate) the emoticon user information in comments/contact forms, but can`t find where the lang.inc.php is located. Not in the contact form, spamstop or comment plug-in folder, anyway.
I would like to translate the following string:

Code: Select all

Enclosing asterisks marks text as bold (*word*), underscore are made via _word_.
Standard emoticons like :-) and ;-) are converted to images.
Thanks!
Post-apocalyptic Jugger sports: What is Jugger? Video I Free ebook on the sport
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Editing info text in Contact form

Post by Don Chambers »

Those language constants are defined in the file /plugins/serendipity_event_s9ymarkup/ and the UTF-8 versions are in the subfolder ../UTF-8/.

For example, the english version is /plugins/serendipity_event_s9ymarkup/lang_en.inc.php, and the english UTF-8 is /plugins/serendipity_event_s9ymarkup/UTF-8/lang_en.inc.php.
=Don=
Huhu
Regular

Post by Huhu »

Thanks! Found it. The line

Code: Select all

Standard emoticons like :-) and ;-) are converted to images
seems to be located in emoticate.

Which just leads me to another question: It seems the fault was not with the lang file, but that s9y didn`t save the language setting in General Settings -- it always switches back to default (English) for some reason. Any clues?
Thanks and happy new year!
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Huhu wrote:... it always switches back to default (English) for some reason. Any clues?
This is the default behaviour overall. If Serendipity can't find any localized constant definition, it falls back to <en>. If you really need to disable/silence a localized constant, just set it to an empty '' string in the value part.

Apart from this, the string mentioned should already be localized.

If s9y does'nt seem to "remember" the language set in "General Settings", you have to set your personal language in "Personal Settings" too. If that all still does not work, you probably have a cookie problem.
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
Huhu
Regular

Post by Huhu »

Okay, thanks, it works if the amin panel is set to the same language as the blog should be.