403 Forbidden

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
meritweb
Regular

403 Forbidden

Post by meritweb »

I went to access our blog today and received a 403 Forbidden error - any thoughts?

Code: Select all

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /meritmatters/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.25 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.25 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_mono/2.6.3 mod_jk/1.2.37 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.meritsolutions.com Port 80
The blog is: http://www.meritsolutions.com/meritmatters/
yellowled
Regular

Re: 403 Forbidden

Post by yellowled »

meritweb wrote:I went to access our blog today and received a 403 Forbidden error - any thoughts?
Kind of hard to guess with this information only, but I take it you haven't knowingly changed the permissions of said file. Did you perform an update recently?

I seem to recall people reporting trouble with permission when their hosting provider switched PHP versions (without them knowing). You should probably contact yours to find out if that was the case here.

YL
meritweb
Regular

Post by meritweb »

No, we did not make any changes. It just stopped working. I will contact our hosting company!
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Seems to be working for me - what was the solution?
=Don=
meritweb
Regular

Post by meritweb »

Contacted the hosting company - they did make some changes to our server and undid them. Seems to be working fine now!
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

If they provide a reasonable explanation of what they changed, post it here if possible just in case someone else encounters the same problem. :wink:
=Don=
Huhu
Regular

Post by Huhu »

Same strange 403 stuff here. I created a separate, static landing page, but when pointing htaccess to it as DirectoryIndex, I get a 403. The page can't even be called directly by writing the link in the address bar.
The s9y installation itself runs smoothly, though.
Contacted the provider and will get in touch if I get a working answer ...

EDIT After issuing a ticket, everything works like a charm now. They didn't say why up to now, though. Magic ...
Post-apocalyptic Jugger sports: What is Jugger? Video I Free ebook on the sport