independent body and extended parts

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
sereno

independent body and extended parts

Post by sereno »

Hello all, I installed Serendipity and I am very happy but there are things I cannot do.

I need my posts (body and extended) are independent.

There are two parts in the form of entries:
[body] and [extended]

In mainpage can see only body part, ok! But into the published entries I see also this body part, I need see only the extended part. I do not want to repeat this part.

Can anyone help?

Sorry my bad english.

Thank you very much.
Timbalu
Regular

Re: independent body and extended parts

Post by Timbalu »

This is not possible, since it is the same entry (and id), just divided into a possible teaser and a longtext single view part. Maybe you could try to advise Smarty in the templates entries.tpl (I think) to hide the teaser body part only in fullview page structures or use javascript for the same under certain conditions?

IMO, best would be to re-think the entries you would like to have, to fit to the given structure.
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
sereno

Post by sereno »

Oh, thanks for answer. I thought they were independent and could be used at will
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

sereno wrote:Oh, thanks for answer. I thought they were independent and could be used at will
As Timbalu mentioned, they can be used independently, but this would require a modification to a specific file in the template you are using.

Before you do that, I would suggest you seriously consider whether this is the best choice or not. The basic design is that the "body" contains an introduction to the entry, and "extended body" is a continuation of the body, with more details.

If you really need them separated, it can be done... just needs some custom work.
=Don=